01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect - Limit to number of cameras?

JXBURNS

In Hik-Connect (Android) I can only see 24 cameras from the NVR - 20 from the PoE ports and 4 from manually added IP cameras. The other 6 cameras do not show. Other than adding those cameras manually any idea why they are not accessible via the App considering 4 display OK?

The NVR has 24 x PoE ports but can support 32 channels.

Thanks - John

I can't necessarily answer, but for info and in case it's useful to diagnose your issue - I am using Kik-Connect v3.11.1 on Android and I can see all 32 channels on one of my NVRs (all are via IP, none are on the NVR PoE ports). So Hik-connect can support at more than 24 cameras on one NVR, at least under some circumstances. I am not sure off-hand what model NVR it is as I am out and about at the moment.

NVR: DS-7732NI-I4 / 24P Firmware: V4.50.010 build 210322

20 PoE ports in use. 10 cameras on IP.

The IP cameras are connected through a PoE switch to the LAN port. I assume should not be via one of the spare PoE ports?

All cameras are visible in both iVMS-4200 and via web browser. Although both methods have strange software idiosyncrasies.

Hik-Connect (Android) v4.18.0.0831. Same problem occurs on an iOS device.

Thanks - John

You are correct - IP cameras on external switches should be connected via the single LAN port on the NVR.

One thing that might be a factor - how are you connecting to your NVR in Hik-Connect? I connect using the manual IP/Domain method. I realise that may not be possible/practical for some people, but just wondering if you connect via Hik-Connect Domain method perhaps Hik-Vision puts a restriction on the number of cameras?

All of the IP cameras were added via the manual IP/Domain method as you do.

Removed NVR from Hik-Connect and added back in. All the cameras have now appeared. I do wonder if it gets confused with IP cameras added to the NVR after the NVR has been added to Hik-Connect. Something to watch out for later as have another site to equip.

Back