01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik Connect live view timeout

Leecavturbo

I want to live view constant from an android but after 5 min it times out, I'm sure this is new as in the past its ran constant but with random drop outs. But now there is actually a message you've viewed live for 5 mins and screen goes blank. Can it be turned off?

Did you ever find out the reason to this? I have the same issue that i'm trying to resolve. Want to view my cameras for longer than the 5 minutes using Hik-Connect or IVMS-4500.

Hi, I've checked with HikVision Tech Support today to see whether there is any workaround, unfortunately:

I’m afraid there is no workaround or any settings that can be changed to modify the 5 minute timeout.

Thanks, I had contacted HikVision myself via email however I had no response.

Is there anyway round this using a different app? I'm using HikVision IP cameras along with the Synology NAS Surveillance centre, however the DSCam app for Surveillance centre is awful and will only stream stable in a low resolution. The HikConnect app was great apart from the above problem.

Sorry, there are lots of Apps out there, but we only ever get hands-on with the manufacturer's own Apps so I can't recommend any of the independent ones.
I just did a quick check for a maker called EyeSpyFX who did a lot of work with Axis, but they make no mention of compatibility with HikVision.
Please feel free to drop back with any recommendations / feedback if you do test some.

Well what's strange is 5mins is not always the case ! I've had 30 hrs plus it's sporadic, sorry to add I'm using ezviz more successfully

Last edited:
Yes thr is th way to continuosly watch the live view by using ip address and port configuration instead of using Cloud p2p

Same hikconnect software is use .use ip domain option in this where u need to enter port number.this port number must be open on the ip that you are used to access the camera

Back