01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect Mobile App v4.19 Alarm Notifications

Please could someone point me in the right direction for setting up the HikVision NVR and Hik Vision App so I can receive alarm notification on my Android Hik-Connect Mobile App.

At the moment I receive no notifications for anything.

I'd appreciate a stet by step guide.

Thanks

Please could someone point me in the right direction for setting up the HikVision NVR and Hik Vision App so I can receive alarm notification on my Android Hik-Connect Mobile App.

Thanks
The post at the top of the page "How do I setup my....", it's at Part 12

Thanks
Hi Majid, did you get this resolved ? I'm not even able to download the Hik-Connect app from Google PlayStore, it's no longer there apparently due to Google concerns re. security of the app. From other posts it appears that Apple do not host it on their app platform for the same reason ?

Hi Majid, did you get this resolved ? I'm not even able to download the Hik-Connect app from Google PlayStore, it's no longer there apparently due to Google concerns re. security of the app. From other posts it appears that Apple do not host it on their app platform for the same reason ?
Get the app directly from appstore.hikvision.com if you’re on Android and it’s unavailable. It is available for iOS in the Apple App Store.

Get the app directly from appstore.hikvision.com if you’re on Android and it’s unavailable. It is available for iOS in the Apple App Store.
JB, many thanks for replying to my question. I do have Android, but I trust Google more than Hikvision, and I understand that Google removed the Hik-Connect app from Play Store due to security issues ? You appear to be an installer, do you know when Hikvision are going to fix the security issue ?

JB, many thanks for replying to my question. I do have Android, but I trust Google more than Hikvision, and I understand that Google removed the Hik-Connect app from Play Store due to security issues ? You appear to be an installer, do you know when Hikvision are going to fix the security issue ?
There is no security issue that I'm aware of but Hikvision don't maintain their apps on Google Play anymore, thats been the case for a long time. The up to date versions for Android are available from their own App Store. I doubt anyone knows if that situation will ever change. I don't know the full details, but it's all linked to the US government ban on Hikvision and Chinas response to that possibly. Ultimately if you don't trust Hikvision and think that their app may pose a security issue, your only choice is to either use another app that supports Hikvision systems or use another manufacturers system that you do trust.

Full functionality of the Hik Connect app (push notifications for events etc) is only available if your device is registered to your Hik Connect account and online. I don't like that, but I accept it and use it that way, as I want the push notifications and it's free. You can of course use the Hik Connect app without your device being registered or connected to Hikvisions server and without a Hik Connect account if you have concerns regarding security/privacy and notifications aren't a must have. Simply connect the app to your system using your IP address or domain name. That can be done with either Hik Connect or iVMS-4500 app.

To avoid Hikvisions apps altogether, you could use an alternative such as Blue Iris. For that you would need an always on Windows PC running the Blue Iris server. Blue Iris has a free 14 day trial version.

Hik-ProConnect app (Google Play Store) updated 21 Dec'21, EZVIZ app (Google Play Store) updated 18 Dec'21 - so both being maintained by HikVision on Google Play Store. I don't doubt that HikVision knows whether the situation with HikConnect will ever change and it would be useful if they advised their customers / retailers of their intention. If the U.S. had banned / China responded then why would U.S. Entity List restrictions affect Hik-Connect in Google Play and not Apple's App Store, and not affect HikVision's other apps in Google Play?

Hik-ProConnect app (Google Play Store) updated 21 Dec'21, EZVIZ app (Google Play Store) updated 18 Dec'21 - so both being maintained by HikVision on Google Play Store. I don't doubt that HikVision knows whether the situation with HikConnect will ever change and it would be useful if they advised their customers / retailers of their intention. If the U.S. had banned / China responded then why would U.S. Entity List restrictions affect Hik-Connect in Google Play and not Apple's App Store, and not affect HikVision's other apps in Google Play?
Hik-ProConnect is the installers version as opposed to the end user version of the app.

It appears that Google themselves removed access to its Play Developer Console for any company on the US Entity List; So that explains why the iOS App Store is unaffected.

Thanks for your response JB but - Installers' version, yes - and your point is ?
My point / question is how are Hik updating their other apps on Googles Play Store if Google are not allowing Hik access ?

Thanks for your response JB but - Installers' version, yes - and your point is ?
My point is this that you said HikConnect was unavailable and when I've mentioned that it is not maintained on the Google Play Store, you've given details of a different Hikvision app that is available.
My point / question is how are Hik updating their other apps on Googles Play Store if Google are not allowing Hik access ?
I have no idea - perhaps the other app(s) do not require the same access to the blocked developer console. It is available from their own App Store directly and downloadable in an instant. If for some reason you're not happy downloading it there then don't, that's your prerogative.

Thanks again, don't want to upset you but my point is that there are at least two other HikVision apps being actively maintained by Hik on Google Play Store, the fact that one of them is "an installers version" is irrelevant ? My prerogative is to ask why a specific app has been excluded from a "trusted repository" for downloads by the architects of Android - Google, in the hope of receiving a logical answer. All the "evidence"/ articles I have seen so far suggest that HikConnect is an unsafe piece of software. I will continue to use the EZVIZ app to which I have successfully added my NVR, only problem being is that I'm not getting alarm notifications from the NVR cameras but do get them from my EZVIZ cameras. Thanks again for your advice & experience, it is appreciated. Best regards.

HI Sorry for late reply, yes I did get this to work. What I remember having to do was create a hikvision account and adding the device as opposed to IP/Domain and that enabled the notifications.

Thank

Back