01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-connect Motion video playback

Dewi01

Hi, Can anyone help me with playback of my motion notifications?
The hik-connect app pushes messages to me when motion detected but then when I try to view the video of the recorded motion it says 'no video found'. Yet my NVR is recording continuously and I can view the video if i search manually using the cameras every router ip address.
Screenshot_20200214-141626_Hik-Connect.jpg
Screenshot_20200214-141637_Hik-Connect.jpg
Screenshot_20200214-141748_Hik-Connect.jpg
Screenshot_20200214-142014_Hik-Connect.jpg

Has it ever worked for you?
What device/OS please?

Hi, using android on samsung S9. It works as in I get notified but clicking through that notification to view the video it says no video found yet I can view that same time stamp through the same app but using my ip address? Any ideas

Are you using their Hik-Connect App?
Or iVMS-4500?

I'm using the Hik-connect app. It's as if when I'm lucky enough that a motion is detected during the yellow/orange segment in the pics above I can view the motion but outside of those recordings i cant. Yet I'm continuously recording and can view any time stamp through my ip.

Is this a new setup?
Or have you had it a while and it used to work OK?

Some Samsung mobile phone users have experienced/reported an anomaly where a power-saving setting inhibits features - does it behave any differently if you try to do this whilst your phone is plugged-in to your charger?

I've had it 2 years and have just never bothered with motion detection until now. My power saving mode is off as I've read about the issue and it doesnt behave any differently plugged in or not. It seems as it is just recording randomly and if a motion happens during that random recording I can view it but if not I cant

Is this a new setup?
Or have you had it a while and it used to work OK?

Some Samsung mobile phone users have experienced/reported an anomaly where a power-saving setting inhibits features - does it behave any differently if you try to do this whilst your phone is plugged-in to your charger?

You have to remove the Hik app from the power saving list.

Back