01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-connect offline (0x2002)

AMilli34

Hi!

I wondered if anyone else had the troublesome issue, where hik-connect will just decide to take itself offline (without network errors), and the best way I can find to quickly fix it, is to enable/disable cycle a few times, and also change the verification code ...seems buggy!

Thanks!

Hi!

I wondered if anyone else had the troublesome issue, where hik-connect will just decide to take itself offline (without network errors), and the best way I can find to quickly fix it, is to enable/disable cycle a few times, and also change the verification code ...seems buggy!

Thanks!

It's not an issue we have seen before, I've asked Hikvision tech support and their response is below:

Not sure the error code meaning, it is better to provide a snapshot of the error code.​
And also I am confused with the customer description.​
I don’t know if other customers experience the same issue, but hik-connect will occasionally decide to just go offline (error 0x2002) .. Any ideas?
Hik connect goes offline ? or the device goes offline
I solve it by turning it off and changing the verification code, quite buggy perhaps?
Change the verification code? change the code on the device webpage or change the app password?
If many customers log in to the same account and live view at the same time, the bandwidth may be the issue.​

If you could send us a screenshot of the error and provide answers to Hik tech supports questions we can try and get to the bottom of this.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your message!

1. Hik-connect goes offline.
  2. Verification code as shown in attached picture.
My partner and I have two iPhones and I may log onto the hik-connect app, and the cameras may display as offline -> this can be fixed by deleting the device and re-adding it, however, since it's one account used between two devices (phones) this can be quite troublesome ... often leading to the hik-connect service just taking itself offline.

Many thanks,

Alex
IMG_9391.jpg

Thanks for the above information, I shared this with Hikvision tech support and their response is below:

For the device offline, it mainly because of the network issue.
Please suggest the customer not to delete the device if the issue happens again and upgrade to the latest firmware.

Morning Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I am unsure whether their suggestion is the root of the problem in all honesty, but we do what we can! I appreciate your support with this!

I assume that by firmware, they're referring to that of the NVR, not the phone...? Also, would you be able to provide a link for a latest firmware for the NVR I have, It's the DS-7616ni-k2-16p.

Many thanks,

Alex

Yes, apologies for the short response they gave you, sometimes it can be like drawing blood from a stone when trying to get Hikvision support to fully explain themselves. The latest firmware for that NVR is v3.4.104

Hi Dan,

I think I have HW version 4.1.61 running on it currently? Perhaps I should do a double check online ...

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Dan,

I think I have HW version 4.1.61 running on it currently? Perhaps I should do a double check online ...

That firmware is actually for the I-series NVRs, some people like yourself have tried installing this on K-series NVRs and it has worked without any noticeable problems, maybe this Hik-connect error may relate to the mismatched firmware and maybe if you try downgrading to the latest K-series firmware you may stop that Hik-connect error.

I install HIKVision NVR’s / DVR’s daily and regularly have the same issue With my customer’s HIK connect and even my own. The internet can be strong (50mbps Download / 14 Upload) and of course, they‘re hard-wired into the router. Yet my cameras are offline. No error code, no reasoning. I love HIKVision but this is a real problem for a business as we’re constantly being called back to old customers.

My first thought would be to check the Network Settings e.g. the correct router/gateway address and the Pri & Sec DNS addresses (maybe use Google's if you are using the router for DNS i.e. set Pri to 8.8.8.8 and Sec to 8.8.4.4)

Hi all the past week we have been experiencing this same exact issue and we are unable to get it working again how did you fix it in the end? I'm completely useless when it comes to technical stuff any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi team,
i also have this problem the DVR is connected to My LAN and had a DNS server i have done everything possible i can be done by me and check almost everything in that DVR the log also, everything is good except the status for hi connect we really need some help if that possible

Many Thanks.

Back