01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect Offline Issue with my DS-7732-I4(B) NVR after updating to V4.40.016 firmware?

lau110

Hi,

I thought I'd make a separate thread on this as it seems to be a bit of a perplexing issue. When upgrading a DS-7732-I4(B) from V4.22.005 build 200327 to the latest V4.40.016 build 200803, Hik-Connect is unable to go online, with the status remaining "offline" with the occasional (0xxx....) error showing after with different numbers. Even more confusing is that when reverting the firmware back to the previous version, it remains offline, irrespective of the firmware version tried it will now not allow Hik-Connect to work. Resetting the NVR to factory, same issue. When trying to isolate network configuration as a potential issue I tried a TurboHD DVR unit we have running v4.20.100 build 181204 and Hik-Connect labelled itself "online" right away like it normally should on the same network. I have tried just about everything I can think of on the NVR to get it to work as it is connected to the internet correctly, there seem to have been a few reports of Hik-Connect not going online however not certain if they are related.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, thanks!

I'm not aware of a general issue caused by that firmware update.

Perhaps have a look at the four posts and attachment in this thread for typical causes of devices not showing as online at Hik-Connect:

Hi Phil,

Appreciate the response, I have double checked everything and even all other network features independent of Hik-Connect do work as they should when configured correctly, namely DDNS, NTP etc. Like mentioned I cannot find any sort of network configuration issue that could be causing it as a Hik DVR was tested also and worked, hence why I find this scenario very strange and confusing!

Did you ever fix this? I’m having the same issue and started my own thread as I didn’t see this one after updating yesterday

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you ever fix this? I’m having the same issue and started my own thread as I didn’t see this one after updating yesterday
Unfortunately not, issue is still present in very latest 4.40.016 build 200905!

Wasted 10 hours on this, even gone as far as total wipe of my unit and setup from new on a version from last year and it won’t work, think something in .016 bricks the units and I doubt it’ll ever work again

Any luck? same thing has happened to me, but I only upgraded to V3.4.112 build200604

Although, my NVR model is DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P - so that is also different. Bu the point is, I upgraded to the second from latest firmware and hikconnect status has been offline since.

Last edited:
I just called Hik support UK and they are aware of this issue.

The guy said that the solution is to restore the unit. He also hesitantly suggested that updating the firmware to the very latest might also fix it but he was unsure.

Rather than restoring the unit, I opted for updating the firmware to the very latest version (for my NVR this was: V4.30.005_200628). That fixed it!

However, I later had to downgrade once again back to the second latest firmware (V3.4.112_200604) because the new GUI does not support 1+5 window division which is a huge problem as I distribute the HDMI output and have 6 cameras meaning the 1+5 window division was perfect.

Upgrading also caused another problem which was that my H-VIEW ONVIF camera no longer worked in HikVision plug and play mode. I had to set it to ONVIF.

The V4 firmware also prevented me from turning the ONVIF camera to sub stream on the HDMI output which meant I could not prioritise and set a preferred camera to mainstream due to lack of resources. Resulting in my preferred main stream camera outputting in sub stream and looking grainy. Not sure if this was because the camera was now operating in ONVIF mode.

Hopefully they release a new V4 firmware update which addresses these issues.

I just called Hik support UK and they are aware of this issue.

The guy said that the solution is to restore the unit. He also hesitantly suggested that updating the firmware to the very latest might also fix it but he was unsure.

Rather than restoring the unit, I opted for updating the firmware to the very latest version (for my NVR this was: V4.30.005_200628). That fixed it!

However, I later had to downgrade once again back to the second latest firmware (V3.4.112_200604) because the new GUI does not support 1+5 window division which is a huge problem as I distribute the HDMI output and have 6 cameras meaning the 1+5 window division was perfect.

Upgrading also caused another problem which was that my H-VIEW ONVIF camera no longer worked in HikVision plug and play mode. I had to set it to ONVIF.

The V4 firmware also prevented me from turning the ONVIF camera to sub stream on the HDMI output which meant I could not prioritise and set a preferred camera to mainstream due to lack of resources. Resulting in my preferred main stream camera outputting in sub stream and looking grainy. Not sure if this was because the camera was now operating in ONVIF mode.

Hopefully they release a new V4 firmware update which addresses these issues.

I have restored my -I4 NVR 2 times and it unfortunately still hasn't fixed, latest version is 4.40.016_200905 and updating to that didn't fix the problem either!

I have restored my -I4 NVR 2 times and it unfortunately still hasn't fixed, latest version is 4.40.016_200905 and updating to that didn't fix the problem either!
Have you tried restoring?

The Hik Support guy quoted restoring as the solution and only suggested updating to the very latest version might work.

Have you tried restoring?

The Hik Support guy quoted restoring as the solution and only suggested updating to the very latest version might work.

A full "restore defaults" was what I tried a couple of times, there is also "restore to inactive" but I don't think that does a full reset.

I am also having this same issue, unable to go online after firmware update, was working fine before firmware update, I upgraded/downgrade the firmwares I have a DS-7608NI-K2 unit. been messing around with V3.4.112_200604, V3.4.109_200320, going to try V4.30.005_200628 now see if this fixes the issue.

looks like some deeper configuration issues with the firmware

I think the upgrade to V4 will do it for you. If not, restore - restoring has solved similar hik connect problems on other hik devices!

I think the upgrade to V4 will do it for you. If not, restore - restoring has solved similar hik connect problems on other hik devices!
my unit is a DS-7608NI-K2,

firmware available for this is

I have updated to V3.4.109_200320 still showing as offline, now upgrading to V4.30.005_200628 let see if this works.

Yesterday I upgraded from V3.4.109_200320 to V4.30.005_200628, I didn't like V4.30.005_200628 found a few issues so rolled back to V3.4.109_200320
then got this issues with Platform Access staying offline

1606237569191.png

Last edited:
updated the firmware, double checked DNS, gateway etc all appears to be correct, done a factory reset too still showing as offline

1606241361569.png

1606241448236.png

Does anyone know what port is being used for hik-connect? just wondering if this good be firewall related, however everything was fine until the firmware update/downgrade :(

I know in theory a system reset should do more than a restore however, as a last resort, I really think it's worth doing the restore as well. Just to rule it out. Also, when I was on the phone with Hik support, they literally said the solution is to restore the NVR, not reset. I could be totally wrong but if you do that, it rules everything out. At least everything Hik mentioned as a solution.

As for the ports, when I had this problem, I went for the ports too! I thought maybe if I port forward, it might remedy the problem. It didn't. Nonetheless a strangers word wouldn't satisfy my suspicions either so here you go.

I believe Hik-Connect requires port 8000.
Obviously there are other ports for eg http but that shouldn't be necessary for Hik-Connect.

I know in theory a system reset should do more than a restore however, as a last resort, I really think it's worth doing the restore as well. Just to rule it out. Also, when I was on the phone with Hik support, they literally said the solution is to restore the NVR, not reset. I could be totally wrong but if you do that, it rules everything out. At least everything Hik mentioned as a solution.

As for the ports, when I had this problem, I went for the ports too! I thought maybe if I port forward, it might remedy the problem. It didn't. Nonetheless a strangers word wouldn't satisfy my suspicions either so here you go.

I believe Hik-Connect requires port 8000.
Obviously there are other ports for eg http but that shouldn't be necessary for Hik-Connect.

Using DEFAULT didn't work so lets try RESTORE now.....

1606243154672.png

Back