01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Offline only on wifi

ironm19

Hi all,
Just read several posts here on almost the same problem and tried all the solutions but none worked. So here's my issue:
I have a HikVision DS-2CV2041G2-IDW which does not want to connect to the apps via WiFi.
I connected it through cable and everything works ok (also on LAN and outside my home network):
- I could added it to Hik-Connect.com
- I could added to Hik Connect Android app
- I could added to ivms4500
- and it also runs on local ip address on PC
But I bought it for the wifi :(
So, when I remove the internet cable from the camera, it's offline everywhere except the PC via local IP address.
I have changed nothing. Same IP numbers (except the actual IP off course), tried putting the gateway for the main DNS, tried changing the http port...tried resetting.
If I try to add the camera and activate it through cable, it works (using the phone app). If I try the same thing but using WiFi, it doesn't work.

FW name: V5.5.132 build 200312 but I don't know how to search for the latest version...

Also, if I put a static local IP + change the http port and make port fw on my router, I can see the camera on other app and even outside my network (with a free ddns), while the camera is on WiFi !!!!

I've been on the PC for 6 straight hours now and I'm the end of my powers :(

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance

same here :-(
Spend over an hour with UK (merchant) technial support, but we could not make it work over Wifi.
what router do you use?

I'm from Romania and I use the internet provider's (UPC) wifi router (i think Hitron CGN).
Also I have an access point from Asus but it doesn't matter to which I am connected.
I also tried everything from the "How to solve Hik-Connect offline issue or locate the causes" manual and nothing. As soon as I plug in the cable, in 2sec it appears online. But back on WiFi is offline no matter what. So there must be something related to the wifi protocol...between camera and router.

I have the same issue, online only with lan connection!!
With the same camera model?

I managed to get it working by using custom Ports and Port Forwarding on the router. Just change the Port Server and create a rules in the router's forwarding menu to forward the camera's ip on that specific port. Then in the Hik-Connect mobile app (or ivms4500) add the camera using your public IP and port number. If you have a dynamic IP you can use one of the free DDNS service available on the net.
I knew about this solution before posting the thread but wanted to have it connected to the Hik-Connect website so I don't have to manually create the forwarding. For some reason it seems this camera cannot do it via WiFi only. I also tested it on a different house with different router and same issue, so I'm guessing it's the camera.
Also, the tech guy from where I bought the camera was unsuccessful in making it work properly.

Unfortunately I found a downside. Big one: without linked with the Hik-connect account, the events, alarms and notifications do not show up in the app :(
And also, I cannot find the settings for the "flashing alarm light output" in the camera settings.

Last edited:
So, I retuned mine to the seller. After trying to connect it through wifi, they sent it back to the official importer of HikVision and their reply was: it doesn't work. All cameras with D at the end (like mine: DS-2CV2041G2-IDW) are unable to connect to hik-connect through WiFi.

At least we know that...now.

I have a DS-2CD2021G1-IDW1 with same problem. :(
Is there a update regarding this issue?

I received the official answer:

Dear customer,

Your device model is DS-2CD2021G1-IDW1(2.8mm)(D). So sorry to tell you that the wifi camera with D at the end of the model only supports wired connection to HIK-connect. If you connect to wifi it will not support to use Hik-Connect.

Thank you.

best regards

Sad things happens. :(

Hello everyone! Sa traiesti, ironm19!
I have the same issue. The reason I bought this model is for the Wifi. But, like all of you, I couldn't make it connect to the Hik-Connect.
The only way to receive alarms from these cameras (I installed 4 and inside the house - yeah, overkill) is to connect them to an NVR and setup the detection ON the NVR rather than on the camera itself. At least this is how I did it. Not the best solution, but it works. HikVision should send a FW upgrade ASAP to fix this. They simply lied about it.

Back