01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect only works on WIFI?

Simon Jones

My Hik-Connect app on my iphone has now decided to open them immediately crash every time I use it on 3/4G connection but works fine on a wifi connection since the app updated and a request for critical notifications appeared!!

I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling but still the same.

I am using an iPhone 11 Pro max with ios 14.4.2.

Any ideas why this has started happening and what if anything can be done to stop it please?

Hi @Simon Jones

We've seen issues with the app when connected to 3G/4G when the device has been added by scanning the QR code.

Download and run the SADP tool and then unbind the device(s) from your Hik-Connect account:

While here, check the device's gateway is set as your router's IP address too.

Then, log into your Hik-Connect account here, and add the device again via its 9-digit serial number and check it while using mobile data again once it appears on your phone.

Hi @Simon Jones

We've seen issues with the app when connected to 3G/4G when the device has been added by scanning the QR code.

Download and run the SADP tool and then unbind the device(s) from your Hik-Connect account:

While here, check the device's gateway is set as your router's IP address too.

Then, log into your Hik-Connect account here, and add the device again via its 9-digit serial number and check it while using mobile data again once it appears on your phone.
The weird thing is it was all working absolutely fine for both cctv setups I have but only after the app updated automatically has it all gone wrong!

Yes, we are seeing a few fresh reports of issues with the latest IOS update of the Hik-Connect App :(
Nothing from Hikvision yet.
Keep an eye on their App page:

Hello. We have been using HIK cameras at our company for years. We changed internet providers and it's been over since then. The cameras on the phone work on the local WiFi, but as soon as I move away from the company, nothing happens. I read the forums and tried everything and nothing worked. Of course, you must have HIK CONNECT permission, that's the basis. But it just couldn't be done. Finally, I turned on DNS and DHCP automatically directly in the NVR. Cameras were immediately on the phone. Then I immediately turned it off and everything has been working since then. So maybe it will help someone. I already thought I'd throw it in the trash :-D

Back