01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect: Playback speed

premiump

Hi everyone,

In the last month, I took the plunge and bought a HikVision NVR (DS-7604NI-K1/4P) for home with four G1 Series IP camera's (2x 2355, a 2155 and a 2363). Cabled it all myself and I'm really happy with the results, worth every penny.

Thanks to this forum (megathread mainly), I have managed to get the VCA settings working (line crossing and intrusion detection) working with email alerts and also the IP camera firmware updated to the latest version.

I have also enabled the Platform Access and I'm using the Android app Hik-Connect (v3.5.0.0711) to connect remotely. When I choose a camera and start playback, there is a small box with x1 greyed-out. I know its playback speed, but just can't work out why I can't increase the speed to 2x or greater.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance, great forum :)

Regards, Pete

Hi, can confirm this works fine with an iPhone.

Attachments

• D1E5BEDF-08F4-4A70-BEF5-15048C07360E.jpeg
    D1E5BEDF-08F4-4A70-BEF5-15048C07360E.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 6,273
Thanks for reply.
Are you sure that you using a Hik-connect.com connection (Not APP name)?
If yes, can you please provide us some video stream configuration (bitrate, encoding,...)?

Thanks for reply.
Are you sure that you using a Hik-connect.com connection (Not APP name)?
If yes, can you please provide us some video stream configuration (bitrate, encoding,...)?

I am using the Hik-Connect App.

If I use the pc windows interface I can fast forward to the speed of x4.

Thanks. So question answered - playback speed adjustment only for IP/Domain.
Probably because is there some extra bandwidth speed requirements or so.

See this link
https://www.hik-connect.com/views/terms/helpAndroid/Hik Editing Device Information H-C.html

It seems that Hik Connect connects directly via Hikvision DDNS service for some app features such as remote configuration,faster streaming and playback speeds faster than 1x

I've used Server port 8000 and HTTP port 80 (the link I provided shows HTTP port 8000 for some reason,maybe an error?)

Your router also needs to forward these ports for these features to work properly even though the Hik Connect app is not supposed to need any port forwarding according to what I have read.

One thing to note about the faster playback speed is that it reverts back to 1x speed after playing one clip and before continuing the next. Maybe this is bug in the app, because if you add your NVR in hik connect using a local or remote IP address or third party DDNS service such as no-ip, then faster playback speeds are continuous.

I'm using Android. Maybe this info will help some people....

Last edited:
Hi im
In the same predicament and I view via an iPhone and it’s on the app . Please can you tell me how to get the speed up for playback? As you did on your iPhone?

Hi im
In the same predicament and I view via an iPhone and it’s on the app . Please can you tell me how to get the speed up for playback? As you did on your iPhone?

Attachments

• 74818B0F-560B-483A-9DB1-89DD2092414B.jpeg
    74818B0F-560B-483A-9DB1-89DD2092414B.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 4,217
But that button is greyed out and doesn’t do anything . I had the cameras before in the old him connect and that gave me playback speed of 16x but this new app won’t do that

But that button is greyed out and doesn’t do anything . I had the cameras before in the old him connect and that gave me playback speed of 16x but this new app won’t do that

only greyed out as there is no image displayed. Well for me anyway

New app update :cool:

Attachments

• C46682D2-8B37-462F-BFB2-04713C53C41E.jpeg
    C46682D2-8B37-462F-BFB2-04713C53C41E.jpeg
    370.1 KB · Views: 3,664
Back