01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect PTZ Menu on my iPad has gone AWOL

blusnapper

Hi guys

I’ve been using the Hik-Connect app on my iPad for two years or so to monitor and control my Hikvision PTZ cams. Yesterday, the menu to control the PTZ cams and other actions which normally pops up when you tap the bottom of the screen, has vanished? I’m totally puzzled because my iPhone on the same version software as my iPad can still access the menu. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

System:

Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2-8P with 8 Hikvision cams
V4.50.000 build 210126

Hik-Connect app version 4.15.0.1167978

Mine has also gone AWOL. I do not have a control bar and the bar showing number of camera selection has moved From outside edge to nearer the center of the page. How do I get my controls back? I have updated to latest version.

It appears we have exactly the same issue making me suspect a problem with the latest update. It’s a real pain having to boot up my PC in order to control the cams. Hopefully someone more qualified than me will suggest a fix.

Same problems here as above plus the scrolling timeline in playback mode doesn’t correspond to the timeline.
have uninstalled and downloaded latest Hik-Connect from iOS App Store and problem still occurring.

I have an old unsupported version of iVMS 4500 on my iPad Air 4 which works perfectly

How long does it take to get a reply on problems and how quickly do they respond with repairs and solutions? I need my security cameras working properly as I travel a lot and not being able to access the controls for the PTZ cameras makes it difficult to feel secure while doing so.

Hi @blusnapper @bren20001 @malford

I have asked Hikvision support if they are aware of this issue and when we can expect the fixed version to be released, their response is below:

Yes, this is a known issue. HQ is working on it on an urgent basis and this issue will be fixed in the next version (not sure the exact release time). Really sorry for the inconvenience and if I get any temporary solution, I will update for you.
If they do share any fix/patch update with me I will share it here on this thread.

Hi @blusnapper @bren20001 @malford

I have asked Hikvision support if they are aware of this issue and when we can expect the fixed version to be released, their response is below:

Yes, this is a known issue. HQ is working on it on an urgent basis and this issue will be fixed in the next version (not sure the exact release time). Really sorry for the inconvenience and if I get any temporary solution, I will update for you.
If they do share any fix/patch update with me I will share it here on this thread.
Thanks Dan
I did attempt to send screenshots of the problem but despite changing the image files to small they bounced back due to your image size restrictions. No longer a problem now you have raised the matter with Hikvision support.
Thanks once again
Eric aka blusnapper

I can confirm after today’s Hik-Connect update the PTZ function is now working and the timeline sync is working again

Attachments

• B4C457A7-9538-4374-AAAC-6C668F6EE147.jpeg
    B4C457A7-9538-4374-AAAC-6C668F6EE147.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 241
I can confirm after today’s Hik-Connect update the PTZ function is now working and the timeline sync is working again
Yes, updated earlier today and everything appears to be working normally. Fast response by Hikvision

Reactions: Dan
Hi guys

I’ve been using the Hik-Connect app on my iPad for two years or so to monitor and control my Hikvision PTZ cams. Yesterday, the menu to control the PTZ cams and other actions which normally pops up when you tap the bottom of the screen, has vanished? I’m totally puzzled because my iPhone on the same version software as my iPad can still access the menu. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

System:

Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2-8P with 8 Hikvision cams
V4.50.000 build 210126

Hik-Connect app version 4.15.0.1167978
My controls are back but cannot get playback to work and can’t keep cameras connected to internet. Everything is off then on . Still not working properly.

Back