01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect: unable to view remotely (network unstable error)

ClearConsult

Hi,

I’ve just installed a HikVision DS7608-NI-I2 together with 4 HikVision cameras.

I’ve been able to get the HikConnect app running, and the NVR accessible.

However, I keep getting the “Network unstable” error, and can’t view the streams. The upload speed on the broandband is 4-8MB which I thought should be enough ?

Is there anything else I can try ? (eg. Can I reduce the resolution for the stream to see if that helps ?).

Any guidance appreciated!

Check your sub stream settings. Hik-Connect shows the sub stream as defaults(basic) main stream(HD) needs to be selected manually.

I normally set the sub stream as 1080p @6fps.

I get this at the bottom of the screen. But it only shows “basic” or “HD”. I can’t choose the number of frames, etc.

9BAA55CE-C4E4-489C-B220-0771A722FC64.jpeg

Thanks. Do I set that in the app ?

No. Did you install/set up the system? You will need the admin login details and gain access to the settings either using a monitor connected direct to your Dvr/Nvr or by using a remote pc.

Yes, installed and set it all up as Admin.

Have tried to change settings by remote but the HikConnect remote configuration option just keeps timing out.

These are the settings I use for sub stream.

Attachments

• 14BC979F-E620-4ECC-A78F-CCF7EE6BE672.jpeg
    14BC979F-E620-4ECC-A78F-CCF7EE6BE672.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 24,178
Is Hik-Connect showing online?

Attachments

• 836CA964-DAC7-4922-B439-E39A08A28DB7.jpeg
    836CA964-DAC7-4922-B439-E39A08A28DB7.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 9,756
Yes. HikConnect showing online. I can access the streams on the app, but immediately shows the “network unstable” error.

Will change the settings on my NVR substream as you suggest. Not sure that the default setting would be ?

Would H265 not be better ?

I can't give any solid advice but.... Confirm you are getting the speed you mentioned. Bear in mind 32 Mbps = 4 MB/s, that is a pretty fast upload speed where I'm from unless on fiber. You should have no issues at that speed. I can stream HD via the Hik-Connect app on 2Mbps ADSL for a single camera (without changing default settings). Are all the cameras/NVR firmware up to date? What are your ping times to the hik-connect server? Keep us posted.

These are the settings I use for sub stream.

Hi again. I can’t seem to find that page in the settings ? I tried using the NVR’s operating system to find it but can’t see where that page is. The system is running “NVR 4.0” if that helps?

Or was your screenshot from the camera’s specific settings ? I can’t find such a page from the NVR master.

I can't give any solid advice but.... Confirm you are getting the speed you mentioned. Bear in mind 32 Mbps = 4 MB/s, that is a pretty fast upload speed where I'm from unless on fiber. You should have no issues at that speed. I can stream HD via the Hik-Connect app on 2Mbps ADSL for a single camera (without changing default settings). Are all the cameras/NVR firmware up to date? What are your ping times to the hik-connect server? Keep us posted.

Thanks Stewart. Yes, probably more like 4Mbps which is much less than the 32!

Believe everything is up to date, the equipment was all newly purchased. NVR showing as firmware being up-to-date. I need to check the cameras themselves.

** Update **

I’ve run a speedtest on the internet connection: results attached.

81724982-3448-4F77-B5C8-3DA363DF7A16.jpeg

Have also managed to change the settings for the substream to 6fps and the lowest resolution (320x240).

Now when I connect to the cameras, I do get a extra second or two of live streaming but then the stream freezes and I get the “network unstable” message again.

Don’t know what to do! Any further help would be much appreciated.

** Update **

So it seems the issue was a bad Ethernet cable between the router and the NVR’s LAN port!

So remote view now works perfectly!

Just need to figure out how to enable remote configuration and motion notifications now.

Thanks for the replies above.

Back