01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect v4.1.0 launches upside down in IOS on my iPad Mini

macman

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
The fact that no-one else appears to have reported this makes me question myself but the new version of Hik-Connect displays upside down on my iPad Mini and won't be persuaded to rotate (after unlocking the rotate function). Other apps are displaying fine - and Hik-Connect 4.1.0 is displaying properly on an iPhone. Maybe the iPad Mini is showing its age. Or I am.

I've taken a look at some of the latest reviews of the app on Apple's App Store and there seems to be a lot of complaints about it since the latest update. No mention of the display being stuck upside down though! Seems like an issue that's specific to your iPad. I'm guessing something's happened during installation or use to cause it to be buggy on the iPad, as it's working fine on your phone.

It's not expert advice by any means but have you tried rebooting the iPad and uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Thanks Kyle. There is an upside down complaint on the App Store but it hasn't been published yet. And the blurb there says it is supposedly compatible with my iPad. My instinct tells me that there's a bug in it if my other apps are behaving themselves but I'll try your suggestion. It will be an extreme bore if I have to import all my devices again though…

Your eyes are sharper than mine then! It may well be a bug then, I'll install it on my iPad tonight and let you know if I'm having the same issues.

You won't need to import all the devices again after deleting and reinstalling the app, just make sure you sign back into the same account and everything should remain as it was :)

Thanks again, Kyle. I know about the unpublished review because I wrote it an hour ago. And they don't list compatibility per device but personalise it with something like: 'this app works on your iPad".

I have an iPad Pro and since the last update it has stopped rotating for meds well. works fine on my iPhone XS

The latest / this version (V4.5.0)?
From here.

1592385139105.png

If you can confirm please we'll feed that back.
If anybody else is seeing the same then please let us know, equally if you're not seeing same on an iPad.
Could it be specific to the Pro variant??

I have the same issue on an iPad Pro 2020. Have found it tends to happen if the app is running in the background and I’ve changed rotation since last using it. So I have to close the app and reopen it. Then it works.

Same here. Will not rotate when ipad pro turned. Been like it for ages.....thought it was something I was doing wrong :D

I can only find as the latest version 4.21. Every thing works fine on iPhone 11 but just recently my iPad it’s stuck in portrait mode & will not rotate. It was fine on iPad some days ago. Have deleted & reinstalled, still the same my iPad is running IOS version 12.5.5

Same with mine a few days ago noticed that on the iPad Air 2 the Hik vision app was displaying in portrait mode so everything was squished up. Tried everything, deleted app, reinstalled tried from settings on the actual Hik vision settings, nothing works, everything is as normal on my iPhone 5i, anyone any ideas on what I can do?

Mine seems to be up the right way but is not showing a live view of my two cameras. Instead, I get this...

20220206_151754094_ios-png.7284

I have created a thread for my issue here. I hope they can resolve this as it works fine on an iPhone, but not iPad.

Back