01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik Connect via WiFi keeps unbinding?

NJCS

A new user at a loss for a solution I tried to reset passwords on DVR and wi-fi devices but now find that only the HDMI connected screen is retaining images etc. My mobile phone and two computers set up as expected and seem to be in order until I log off and log in again. Both computers inherit another matching group of active cameras but the first is no longer active plus my phone unbinds back to unlinked. This can be repeated each time despite clearing all groups and trying all I can think of including the three default restores. I would like some help with a definitive way to starting again as If I had just installed the system.

I have 8 Cams on Power over Coax (POC) connected to DVR serial no DS-7208-HUHI K2-P

Would appreciate a point in the right direction

Hi @NJCS

If you haven't already, I would make sure that you have brought the firmware on your DVR up to date. The latest version can be downloaded from here in Hikvision's Download Dortal - V4.30.101 build 191120

Here us our guide for updating firmware:

Then, use the Hikvision SADP tool to completely unbind the DVR from any linked Hik-Connect accounts:

Once unbound, log into your Hik-Connect account in the www.hik-connect.com, and make sure that the DVR is listed as a linked device, and then re-add it here using its serial number (rather than scanning the QR code). This guide explains the steps for doing that:

Many thanks for the info. I have actually already unbound all devices using SADP and reset again using my computer. All seems well with T-Linked mainframe or laptop computers until I exit but once I have rebooted IVMS-4200 on either I am presented with another group of cameras and my mobile phone has become unbound.

I am going to religiously follow your advice and let you know what happens.. Many Thanks again

Hi Kyle.....System is now fully up and running.......the DVR was fully up to date but your pointers stimulated the grey cells

There had to be a conflict, between either IVMS-4200 or iPhone and DVR so my method beyond was as follows: :

Uninstall IVMS-4200 from both PC and laptop ensuring no residual elements of IVMS or Hik remained
On iPhone settings, find and action Delete Device then also on iPhone find Account Management and Delete Account Permanently
Reset DVR to factory settings and proceed as if DVR had just been installed to get cams on screen

Add iPhone to get cams using serial no or QR then both PC and laptop using IVMS-4200. Result = Perfect Relief

Back