01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry HIK Doorbell DS-K1T501SF - Connectivity issues

alexk

Hi all,

Have installed a Doorbell - KIT

DS-K1T501SF​

it is a fingerprint/camera/RFid reader all in one.

When i set it up a couple of months back (ethernet connection) i managed to set it up to ring on my Android phone/an Samsung android tablet and on and off with a FireHD tablet from Amazon (probably due to issues with notification/android version compatitiblity)
Why tablet. my home automation is setup on tablets so I have 3 around the house which makes them work for most functions of the house (and as video door bell devices)

everytime someone rings - it rand on my phone wihtout fail and the samsung tablet. I used the hik connect app to have this feature and the hik connect service also.

a week ago for some reason while the camera works/i can log in - I no longer get ring notification when a call is placed. I havent updated anythign, can still connect via ivms 4200 and watch the feed and it rings there.

it could be an issue with the hik connect service i guess or a recent android update?
Has anyone else got a similar issue?

I have tried removing device from hik connect and re-adding - no change.
I can access it to view the camera and open the door via the apps from anywhere.
But no ringing.
I also tried to add the camera to the app via local ip. It works to add but only the camera of the doorbell. it doesnt add it as a doorbell device locally. (i dont know if this can be bypassed somehow.

Other symptom is that while i used to be able to see the log when i logged in I dont anymore. any ideas?
Further symptom is connection speed. it is slower than i remember.

What could i do to test perhpas what the point of failure is.

thanks!

Hi all,

Have installed a Doorbell - KIT

DS-K1T501SF​

it is a fingerprint/camera/RFid reader all in one.

When i set it up a couple of months back (ethernet connection) i managed to set it up to ring on my Android phone/an Samsung android tablet and on and off with a FireHD tablet from Amazon (probably due to issues with notification/android version compatitiblity)
Why tablet. my home automation is setup on tablets so I have 3 around the house which makes them work for most functions of the house (and as video door bell devices)

everytime someone rings - it rand on my phone wihtout fail and the samsung tablet. I used the hik connect app to have this feature and the hik connect service also.

a week ago for some reason while the camera works/i can log in - I no longer get ring notification when a call is placed. I havent updated anythign, can still connect via ivms 4200 and watch the feed and it rings there.

it could be an issue with the hik connect service i guess or a recent android update?
Has anyone else got a similar issue?

I have tried removing device from hik connect and re-adding - no change.
I can access it to view the camera and open the door via the apps from anywhere.
But no ringing.
I also tried to add the camera to the app via local ip. It works to add but only the camera of the doorbell. it doesnt add it as a doorbell device locally. (i dont know if this can be bypassed somehow.

Other symptom is that while i used to be able to see the log when i logged in I dont anymore. any ideas?
Further symptom is connection speed. it is slower than i remember.

What could i do to test perhpas what the point of failure is.

thanks!
it seems it could be a router issue. changed routers it came back and now also back on the original router. still have an issue that log doesnt diplay. anyone experienced with that issue?

Back