01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIK DS-7608NI-SE / P de-activated & cameras ?

Dave Howard

Hi . Above NVR disappeared from network along with its 6x cameras.
Using SADP noted HVR was inactive, IP address was back to default. Changed both of these and NVR reactivated so could ping and access via iVMS + browser.
In browser UI then found no cameras available. Settings in NVR had changed or returned to box defaults including NVR time (bejing), all cameras reset, no virtual host, etc.
Managed to get 4 out of 6 cameras back up by setting parameters back to documented and using correct manual IP address for cameras (via virtual host) and passwords i had used previously. Still leaves me with 2 cameras offline but no errors showing.

Any ideas?
Also what is the latest firmware for this NVR, if have V3.0.15 build 151230 currently?
Also whilst hate throwing away stuff should i be replacing this NVR to newer model as i need something stable/reliable?

Additional points:
I had on prior post been having abnormal shutdowns on NVR. Fixed this for last few months by having a timer switch reboot it at midnight as no fix could be found. No issues since doing this, so my assumption (per old Compaq servers of 80's is that there is/was a memory leak bunging up the NVR due poor code).

Hi,
It looks like it lost its configuration.
Our records show you have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE-P-8 8 Channel Embedded NVR
You are running the latest firmware for that model.
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Thanks both. Manually reset all cameras and slowly they all came back. No idea why they disappeared perhaps a "feature"

Back