01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik Intercom - extending gate control to neighbouring property?

SeriesLandy

Hi,
I've got a Hikvision modular intercom setup by our electric gate and its working fine.
There are two properties at our address and I have the outdoor/indoor station on my lan network. I don't what to add next door onto our lan network.
I assume within an apartment complex the intercom system would be owned/operated by the building and run to each apartment.
Is there a way with say button 2 on the name tag or keypad module to connect straight to a second hik connect account or would I need a second indoor station which the hik connect is attatched?
Hope that isn't too confusing!!
It is only when someone new turns up/delivery outside of 7.30am-6pm. Within sociable hours the gate opens automatically either through ANPR (white/other list) or loop detector.

Hi @SeriesLandy

Each nametag button or room number on the keypad needs to be linked to a separate indoor station, the intercom needs to be able to send the call to a fixed IP address on the LAN so it would not be possible to link directly to a Hik-Connect account on one phone. With the 2nd indoor station, you could then link that to a different Hik-Connect account so that the 2nd account rings when the 2nd indoor station/room number is rung.

Hi @SeriesLandy

Each nametag button or room number on the keypad needs to be linked to a separate indoor station, the intercom needs to be able to send the call to a fixed IP address on the LAN so it would not be possible to link directly to a Hik-Connect account on one phone. With the 2nd indoor station, you could then link that to a different Hik-Connect account so that the 2nd account rings when the 2nd indoor station/room number is rung.
Many thanks @Dan.
This is what I thought. If I were to upgrade my current DS-KH6320-WTE1 to a 10” as I find the 7” screen a bit small and out of proportion. Would the DS-KH8520-WTE1or the DS-KH9510-WTE1 be a better option?
the android indoor station seems to have more features although I do not have a hik/pyronix alarm.
I was always disappointed that the indoor station would only do 30seconds of live view.

When using either of the indoor stations you have linked above for your system there would be minimal difference, the biggest would be the Android OS that the KH9510 unit uses which offers a different UI and better support for 3rd-party software integration. We have little experience with the Android model when used with the modular intercom range so we would stick with the recommended KH8520 model.

Back