01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIK NVR resolution issues

mrdon

hello, I am new to this forum so hello to all.
I have a hik-vision NVR 104-A/4P and 4 x HiWatch IPC-T140 . I have an issue with showing 4 cameras on same screen, I get "no resource" on one of the screens. Is it possible to reduce the resolution on either and if so will this diminish the quality of the viewing especially at night.

We're not familiar with the HiWatch products, but I'd expect it to be possible to record in full resolution but view multi-camera views using the sub-stream from each camera - that should prevent you encountering the "no resource" issue.

Hi phil thank you for that. The cameras are a slightly cheaper version in the hik vision camera series.
There is an article here that I came across, posted on 14.4.16 which outlines the "no resource" issue, I'm not too tech minded but am learning all the time. By using the sub-stream does this diminish the quality of the recording espicially at night
[FAQ] NVR Shows "No Resource" in Quad View

By using the sub-stream does this diminish the quality of the recording espicially at night
You would only be using the substream for that multi-camera view.
You would leave it set to record the primary stream.
So, no, it does not diminish the performance.

As I say we are not familiar with HiWatch, but you should be able to select the substream - probably on-screen; maybe a right click on the view box, or perhaps an icon that you can select to toggle between PRI/Sub.

Back