01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIK Recorder Fault

croller

Hi,
Apologies if this is somewhere as im sure its a common problem, i recently had 4 HIK dome cameras and recorder fitted in the loft and it appears to of gone off line, i did change internet provider weeks ago and swopped over the router the recorder is plugged into and it worked for a few weeks no problem, now the cameras are off line. I have been trying to find out some info but there is so much to go through, the recorder is in the loft and is hard wired into a plug in router and the router is connected to downstairs WIFI, each of the cameras have 2 red lights in them suggesting there is power going to each one, i plugged a small computer monitor into it so i can view and update etc, i read somewhere that maybe the screen isnt good enough and i recall the recorder asking me for screen sizes on log in, possibly one of the last times it worked, so i unplugged it. On start up it beeps, when the monitor was plugged in it said system starting, then beeped, i think, and shut off, on the front, 3 lights the middle one isnt lit up the 2 outside ones are, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gavin

Hi Gavin, to help narrow the issue down what is the model of the recorder and cameras?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, the model of the recorder is DS-7024HUHI-K2, Serial C73647625 im unsure of the model of camera, i have attached a picture, if that helps?

Attachments

• piccy.jpg
    piccy.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 302
Typically the lights are Power (green) on the left, HDD activity (red) in the middle and Network activity (green) on the right.
The power light should remain constant but the HDD and network light should flash indicating activity.
From a computer connected to your WiFi router try access the DVR. If you don't know the IP address, download the SADP tool from Hikvision's site and run it. Once you have the IP you can access the webGUI of the DVR from IE11 browser to narrow down the issue.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, the HDD light is inop, i have installed the SADP tool to this laptop, when im at home i'll try it, but that last sentence might as well be chinese :)
Presumably the DVR is the recorder box, do i connect the laptop to the WIFI downstairs or the wifi gateway the DVR is plugged into?

Thanks Gavin

From what I can gather your DVR (recorder box) is connected to your WiFi router. If so, your laptop just has to be connected to the same WiFi router (downstairs) and SADP should be able to find the device.

Hi,
To be clear, in the loft my recorder box is hard wired into a Netgear wifi extender which is connected to my wifi in the house, if i connect my laptop to the house wifi and run the SADP tool, nothing at all shows on it. Now we mention it at one time i could pick up the Netgear box on my phone when searching for a wifi network, that has now gone, i also have the HIK connect app on my phone, that just shows the cameras as off line, could it possible be just the Netgear box that is down?

Thanks for all the responses.

Gavin

Hi,
Right the cameras are back on, but as it seems to of rebooted it has asked for new log ins which i have set up, but now i cant connect on my app on my phone, could you point me in the right direction of how to get the QR codes from the DVR please.
Also before i noticed that each camera had 2 red led's inside each one, now they dont seem to be there, any ideas?

Back