01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIK Vision CCTV Cameras - Getting message NETWORK UNSTABLE?

John Anastasiou

Hi anyone on here having network issues with their HIK Vision CCTV Cameras.
My cameras work fine but always have issues when im trying to playback recordings on my phone. Example - if I want to playback a specific camera last 12 hours, the first few hours playback seem fine then when I want to go further keep
Getting message NETWORK UNSTABLE

I’m having the same issues.
We had our cameras changed to the new colourvu cameras and ever since then we have the same problems with playback.
Everything was fine before
None of the settings were changed on the HIK account
Would love a resolution to this it’s so frustrating
Anyone shed any light???

Also having the same issue since changing to colourvu cameras.

I get 'network is unstable. connecting again....' message followed by 'playing failed 260025'

no idea where to get support on this issue from given my installer has no idea either!

Has anyone got a fix for this yet. I have this problem with one of my systems that has Colorvu cameras. I have 2 more systems in the hik-connect app that work perfectly but neither of those have the colorvu cameras.
Hope someone can help?

Are the recordings only failing during the night maybe when the IR's come on? Maybe this is taking more POE power Budget than your switch/NVR can provide? Have you tried powering the cams directly to see if this resolves the problem.
If you are using a HIK NVR you could go into the Configuration settings>Camera> and in there is an option to set them as long distance or something which should increase the power to the camera (I think this would limit your data to about 6MB/s if memory serves)
I know its not the answer your looking for but maybe will put you on the right path.

Back