01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect hikconnect app always slow and "network unstable message"

rpelich

hello! i have about 7 dvrs and hikconnect is always so slow. ill always get the netowrk is unstable message whether i am on 5g wifi or lte. the dvr's are connected to 1gb down and 125 mpbs upload internet so i feel that is for sure fast enoug. our internet connection is fast enough like i dont think its hogged or anything. i am running ds7604 and ds7616. i feel like the ds7616 have less of a problem on hikconnect while the ds7604 are worse.
i have tried port forwarding and it didnt seem to help so rn i have it on upnp.

sometimes it will work like if i wait i wont get the network unstable message but its truly unusable

i noticed if i do ivms4200 on local network its blazing fast. using ivms4200 on a computer through hikconnect is also slow and its impossible to use remote playback easily.

i have even tried to lower resolutiom.

any help? or is it just because hikconnect servers are slow and garbage?

thanks!

It's not a common complaint, so I'd guess that something is not quite right about your setup.

It's not a common complaint, so I'd guess that something is not quite right about your setup.

doesnt work on other phones or other computers. tried it even on a gaming computer too with no luck
and usually on iphone x for mobile.

like it does work sometimes like its random but most of the time it will say network unstable and then i exit the app or i wait, and it will work but sometimes lag. like i only really care about playback usually, and thats horrible on hikconnect. its so slow and will only load to 90% sometimes and then not show the footage, like it makes it hard to use
i always have to end up pointing the app to the local nvr ip address like the 192 one and then its very very fast whether it is locally from my iphone or from my. because in the hikconnect app u can add the nvr with the 192 address.

this makes me think it has to do with internet and hikconnect, but my internet is very fast like 100 mbps upliad that sould be good enough. i also have another property with a few nvr's and they have basically similar problems so its not just my place

so for u, u noticed hikconnect is very fast and u can view playback and everything fine? like i obviously except it to be a little slow but nott unusable

I am also having issues with my modular hikvision doorbell camera. Constantly losing connection and showing as network unstable. It's also intermittent on the indoor screen.

Back