01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikConnect remote configuration

ClearConsult

Hi,

I’m trying to remote configure a Hik NVR. In the HikConnect app, when I select “automatic” for the DDNS configuration, I just get a “Connection Timeout” error.

Any thoughts ? I thought that port opening was not required with HikConnect ?

Any guidance appreciated. Have done a search but can’t find any previous results that help.

Thanks!

Personally I have never tried to remote configure a Hik NVR via the HikConnect app. I have done it via IVMS-4200. On a cursory inspection of the HikConnect app I get a DDNS error too. I suspect you will need to setup DDNS on your router via noip.com, dyndns or similar to accomplish this. I'll look into the app over the next few days and report back.

Update: realised there is a DDNS setting on the NVR itself. Do I need to enable this, even if I’m already connecting via HikConnect ?

The DDNS settings on the NVR don’t allow me to select HikConnect as an option. Only No-Ip, DynDns, etc.

No need to configure DDNS with the Hik-Connect portal, just enable the Hik-Connect in Platform Access (and create/enter an encryption key).

Thanks Phil. In the HikConnect app there are some instructions suggesting the UPnP box has to be ticked in the NAT tab of the NVR’s network settings. Could that be why I can’t access the remote configuration ?

What remote configuration have you seen / do you expect to be able to access?

Was just hoping to be able to change some of the encoding settings to see if it would help resolve some of the playback issues that we’ve been experiencing.

Thanks!

Got it all sorted finally today. Just had to configure the NAT settings in the HikVision NVR configuration.

Thanks!!

Back