01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikconnect without cloud

NoFate

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Hi, can we use Hikconnect without Hikvision cloud system? So we can link direct to our internal system? Maybe with some portwarding of a webservice?

Hi, can we use Hikconnect without Hikvision cloud system? So we can link direct to our internal system? Maybe with some portwarding of a webservice?
I became so frustrated with the unreliability of the Hikvision cloud service (ezviz / hikconnect) I setup the VPN server on my home router. Since then I've had no problems viewing my cameras when I'm away from home. I also use the NVR to send email alerts.

yes, to view cameras, that should work indeed, by adding them manual
but what about cameras from a videointercom?

will it be able to capture a doorpress event.? will the phone ring? when i add the videointercom manually on port 8000 , i also dont see a button to unlock / open the door ... i see the button when i add it to hikconnect service

yes, to view cameras, that should work indeed, by adding them manual
but what about cameras from a videointercom?

will it be able to capture a doorpress event.? will the phone ring? when i add the videointercom manually on port 8000 , i also dont see a button to unlock / open the door ... i see the button when i add it to hikconnect service
I don't use those devices, as long as you are connected to your home VPN server it should work and operate as if you were at home. Can your video intercom send email alerts?

another benefit is that I also have access to my home office when away.

no, video intercom is not able to send email alerts
when a doorpess event happens, i should receive an incoming call ,i think its a push service from HikConnect service

i want to use that push service with my own server/local , no idea if its possible

As far as we know, if you do not use Hik-Connect's servers you will not be able to receive Push alerts.

thats too bad, i was hoping to setup that push service local

what happens if hikvision stops with their systems? we cant use push anymore then?

what happens if hikvision stops with their systems? we cant use push anymore then?
I would assume that yes, we are dependant upon Hikvision maintaining the service.

Which is undoubtedly true of any similar service, from any manufacturer.

yeah, was hoping to have tha push service local, should be possible to connect local devices to another service

What is annoying is that you CAN get notifications without Hik Connect if you use iVMS-4500. By that I mean using iVMS-4500 instead of Hik Connect app, but also connecting your NVR via it's internal and/or external IP address without the Hik Connect service. Neither Hik-Connect or iVMS-4500 tick all the boxes though and each is better in certain areas.

Hik-Connect:
+ Connection possible using IP/Domain or Hik Connect Service
+ Push notifications supported with thumbnail preview
+ Easy to search through previous notifications or filter events
- Push notifications are only supported if you connect system using the Hik Connect service. With IP/Domain connections they're disabled
- Notifications from the NVR wired alarm inputs not identified correctly and have no "Live View"/"Playback" event links

iVMS-4500
+ Connection possible using IP/Domain or Hik Connect Service
+ Push notifications supported when connecting via IP/Domain
- Push notifications restricted to notification area of phone. They don't appear directly in the app until you select them one at a time unless the app is open
- No thumbnail previews just a line of text
- No 2 way (duplex) audio

What I'd like is to be able to use Hik Connect with IP address/domain while still having full support for notifications. There should be no need to be logged into a service for this. It can be done with iVMS-4500 so I can't imagine a technical reason why it can't with Hik Connect. Also the bug with the NVR's alarm inputs not working correctly (un named and no links for live view/playback) leaves those inputs unusable. Wired alarms connected to the cameras inputs (where present) are not affected. I've reported this to Hikvision several times with no response. The NVR alarms used to work correctly in Hik Connect but haven't for many versions now.

is that ivms 4500 also used for intercoms? i dont have cameras :)

is that ivms 4500 also used for intercoms? i dont have cameras :)
I think the intercoms may be dependant on Hik Connect but I've never used them. Like I mentioned though it's simplex audio - no simultaneous talk and listen.

Damn, so at this time I can use only sip :-(

But with sip i have no video before I answer the call

Back