01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect HikConnect wont play notification videos. firmware issue?

PaulR

hi All,

Just purchased a hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4 MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera. I have it setup for notifications sent to the Hikconnect v4.11.0.1204 Android and i`m receiving them fine and it displays an image on my phone notifications, but when i press the option to play it goes to about 80-90% and then just stops and eventually i get a fail message , see screenshot attached.
The playback works if just run play on the camera via hikconnect , just the notification fails.

The only thing i can think is that when i originally tried it with the app it was working, and i`ve since been tweaking it over the week and updated the firmware of the camera. Could it be that at all? If so could i regress firmware version to the original to check. Unless there is something else it could be.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105-093036.png
    Screenshot_20210105-093036.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 244
Just to add that it seems to be effected depending on time of day. For example at night i can play videos but then i check that after 8.20am today i suddenly couldnt play back any notifications or recording. I checked if there were any schedules that change at these times but nothing obvious.

I also have this issue on some notifications.
It seems to be a bitrate issue, recording at lower bitrate it plays back no problem but mainstream at higher bitrate wont player regardless of wifi or 4g/5g network. Both ivms-4200 on windows and the camera software playback no issue. So seems to be hik connect mobile version that limits the playback bandwidth which is really annoying.

I have seen this on many standalone IP cameras, particularly the more recent Acusense models. If you put the cameras onto a Hikvision recorder then the Smart Playback through your mobile client will work. Hikvision have been made aware of the issue. RE the suggestion it is bitrate related I am not convinced of this for the simple reason that the same bitrate will play Smart Event notifications through an NVR but not directly through the camera. Just my 2c and not a criticism.

I have seen this on many standalone IP cameras, particularly the more recent Acusense models. If you put the cameras onto a Hikvision recorder then the Smart Playback through your mobile client will work. Hikvision have been made aware of the issue. RE the suggestion it is bitrate related I am not convinced of this for the simple reason that the same bitrate will play Smart Event notifications through an NVR but not directly through the camera. Just my 2c and not a criticism.
Thanks, I recently bought another camera , different model but dont have any issues with that one. I think maybe the firmware upgrade i did on this camera may have caused something.

Was anyone able to fix this problem? Was it a firmware issue?
@ mitch.gray92 - this is a very old thread (over 2 years old) and so much will have changed since then. You would be best starting a brand new thread describing the issue you're seeing in as much detail as possible. Include your recorder model and firmware version, your camera models and firmware version and the version of your Hik-Connect app if that's what you're using.

Back