01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikConnnect says wrong password and or username

bobby69

I have 3 Hikvision cameras, and was previously able to view all 3 camera footage from or with the HikConnect app.
Just recently the app says that one of my camera is offline. I then edited the username and password to what it always has been, but when I try to save it, I get the same message about username and or password. I know the username is always admin, so with the config batch tool I created or exported a xml file, sent it off to the support people, got a file back and changed the password for the camera.

The new password works in the CCTV camera sofware I am using, for that camera, but not in the Hik Connect app and I am still getting wrong username or password, aargh!

What else can I do to get the said camera showing as online.

Last edited:
The user name and password that you use for Hik-Connect are different to those that you set to access your cameras via your browser.

The user name and password for the App should be the same that you would use to access your account at the Hik-Connect portal - www.hik-connect.com

Thanks for that, and I login to the Hik_Connect portal to see there are no devices, yet have 2 cameras showing footage in the app. The camera which is shown as offline does not accept either Hik-Connect portal password nor the device's own password.

I am missing something here??

Perhaps you have created two portal accounts?
When you login at www.hik-connect.com you should see your devices.
The same devices that you see at the App (where you use the same user name and password).

If I do have 2 account portals, is there a way of finding out this.
Edit:
Yes it seems I do have 2 portal accounts, and unfortunately I have no record of the 2nd account.

In the app/Account Manager , I have just a user name.

I deleted the app then re installed it and started again. Now all 3 of my cameras are online, and the one which was offline because the username/password was wrong , this time both are ok.

Thanks

Last edited:
How do I find out about another portal account that I have, as I have no record of it.

I think you would only have managed to create multiple accounts if you used a separate email address for each.
If that is the case, then try to login with that alternative email address (and if you do not know your password then follow the forgot password process).

Thanks, but using an alternative email address, for gmail, it returns The user name does not exist.
Using my main email address lets me login to hik-connect, so could it be that I used a different password.

On the login by username or email page it says that Login by User Name or Email.
I may have logged in by a username rather than email address. I am only guessing this.

Last edited:
You would need to contact Hikvision Tech Support and offer email addresses and user names that you may have used.

If you have a working account and setup now I don't think I'd worry about any other unused account.

Back