01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision 2186G2 motion/recording issue - how to record just the selected area?

rcoyet

Hi everyone,

I have installed my brand new DS-2CD2186G2-ISU camera, but I have issues with the motion recording feature.

On the camera there is an option to select to which area the motion should apply which I did, but now regardless if someone walks past in the motion selected area or not it keeps recording.
Before setting it, on the live view screen the motion and red recording icon used to come up, now after selecting the motion area just the red recording icon is there but keeps recording also outside the selected area.

Can anyone advice how to record just the selected area?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

I have installed my brand new DS-2CD2186G2-ISU camera, but I have issues with the motion recording feature.

On the camera there is an option to select to which area the motion should apply which I did, but now regardless if someone walks past in the motion selected area or not it keeps recording.
Before setting it, on the live view screen the motion and red recording icon used to come up, now after selecting the motion area just the red recording icon is there but keeps recording also outside the selected area.

Can anyone advice how to record just the selected are?

Thanks
The camera records the stream according to the recording schedule setup. The normal/preferred way of setup if using an NVR is to record on a 24/7 schedule but enable motion detection and define the area as well. That way everything is recorded but motion in the defined area make the video so it's easier to find footage of interest using the smart playback facility.

If you ONLY want the camera to record when there is motion (for instance if you're recording to an internal SD card) you need to change the 24/7 schedule from "continuous" to 24/7 "motion"

Back