01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision 7208 poor picture quality.

jegerton

Hi, We are getting desperate now for a solution to this, we have a 7208HQHI-F2/N/A running 8 'non branded' analogue dome cameras.
Some are cabled on coax with local power some are cabled on cat 5 with baluns at each end injecting power.

On install the quality was really good HD, one camera in particular was set up to read number plates and was very good, the police even recognised someone stealing a motorbike but the picture quality has gone awful recently about 18 months after install. You couldn't read signwriting on a vehicle and certainly not a numberplate.
Definition has gone bad across all cameras. It looks the same on Hikconnect locally and external so its not the screen.
We tried a new psu on the Dvr, and on the cameras running on cat 5. We tried disconnecting all cameras and tried them individually, i tried a new camera individually, i have upgraded to latest firmware, i have tried clean mains from a ups, ive tried messing about with settings and defaulting all settings. None of which has cleared up the image. During all testing the image never improved at all.

Anyone had this problem?
My only idea is to try a new dvr but I'm worried it isn't going to improve things.

Jason

Have you tried fetching a camera local to the DVR and testing with a short, good co-ax cable?
Are the cameras definitely outputting the correct format for the DVR?
(many cameras now offer multiple video output options)
Do you have a CCTV monitor that you can connect a camera directly to and view it?

Just a case of eliminating possible causes e.g. the cameras, the wiring.

Thank you for your reply,
Yes we have tried a new camera on a short coax - still poor.
The cameras haven't been touched since install except for a good clean and were great to start with. 3 cameras were added later and they are as poor.
We don't have a monitor to try direct however I did try a different dvr from another site but I fear it has the same issue since the images on this are not great to start with so there was no noticeable difference. This second site has the same type of cameras So my worst fear is the none branded cameras are somehow becoming steadily poor over time.
The cameras are marked ; ST-C717A PAL 1100TVL
We are ordering a new dvr for another site so it will be interesting to try that on this system and try the original dvr on a different site just to rule it out.

Had something of a discovery today with this issue.
I set up a test with a new Hikvision dvr using these ST-C717A PAL 1100TVL Cameras. The picture quality is terrible and has the same symptoms as the site with the image quality issues. A Hikvision camera tested perfect. Ive been all over the image settings and cannot resolve it. I feel as though I need to tell the Hikvision these are none branded cams but cannot find a setting for this.
What is odd is that this happened all of a sudden at this site, the quality was excellent on install. We upgraded the firmware but that was after the issue occurred. The image really looks as though its a compatibility issue. They have 8 of these cams at this site so I'm not going to be popular!
Any ideas anyone??

Do the camera perhaps have a pushbutton somewhere to select their output format?
They show a mixed-up spec. e.g. 720p / 1.3MP / 1100TVL
Sometimes these cameras offer multiple output formats.
I guess the DVR is expecting standard analogue / composite video.
The camera may be sending AHD or some other.
Sometimes there is a lump in the camera's pigtail lead with a button/selector.

Thanks Phil,
I thought you were onto something there! There is a menu on an inline button but you cannot change formats except between ntsc and pal.

Thanks Phil,
I was getting excited then but it would seem to work differently. However I have looked at the brief instruction booklet in a camera box and they would seem put out 1 volt peak to peak. We do have a picture but its awful.
Thanks

Back