01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision 7600 NVR alarm output?

Mart68

I have watched a couple of video's about how to connect a siren to the NVR.
What i would like to know, when using line crossing to trigger the alarm, can it be set to just beep once or twice.
So it just lets me know someone is on my driveway or coming to the door.

Hi @Mart68

If you have an alarm device hard-wired to the I/O terminals on the NVR then I don't think it will be possible to adjust any settings about how the alarm operates from the NVR itself because the alarm is only connected by a 2-wire connection and only receives a simple electrical command to trigger (that is why the terminology in the alarm setting is N/C [normally closed] and N/O [Normally Open] as it is simply an electrical circuit).

I think the only way you could set up something custom like you describe above would be to use an intermediary device to modify the signal sent to the alarm or find an alarm device that has different alarm options built-in (e.g. like a device with an alarm options switch/slider on it somewhere).

We don't have much hands-on experience with directly wiring alarm devices to the NVR so there aren't any devices we could specifically recommend.

Thank you for the reply Dan.
It's a shame there are no settings to let you do this on the NVR itself, as i think it would get used a lot.

I have watched a couple of video's about how to connect a siren to the NVR.
What i would like to know, when using line crossing to trigger the alarm, can it be set to just beep once or twice.
So it just lets me know someone is on my driveway or coming to the door.
It's do-able. You can easily enough set the action of your line crossing to be "trigger alarm output 1". However there is just a dropdown for the timer duration and that starts at 5 seconds. I agree it would be useful if there were a 1 second option that would equate to a quick blast of a siren or a 12V buzzer as 5 seconds is too long.

It is possible to shorten that timer, but you would need to use the the NVR alarm output to trigger a timer relay that would switch the sounder - it's still quite simple. The timer relay would start a 1 second (or any other duration) timer on receipt of the 5 second pulse from the NVR. `Consecutive triggers of the line crossing would need to be a minimum of 5 seconds apart. You would need a 12V DC timer relay with the correct timer functions (start timer on receipt of pulse, delay off)

Edit: There are many different type of timer relay. An On pulse (function 421) is what's needed. The item linked below should do it looking at the description:

Last edited:
Back