01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision 9632 i8 problem with RAID and with permissions

Bighead_CZ

Hello guys,
I have NVR Hikvision 9632 i8 that is updated to the last firmware and i cannot setup RAID array that i had before. When i enable raid on system the NVR is showing me a message about must have 3762 GB capacity but I have 3 HDD with 3 TB on each of them. Total capacity of RAID 5 should be around 5 TB so thats more than it needs. Even the Quick setup doesnt work and saying the same type of message.

And second problem is about user permissions. I wont allow other users to see all cameras with message "no permission" but i want to hide the cameras from them. Is it possible to do it somehow?

Thanks for answers.

From the Create Array window, you named your array, selected RAID 5 and ticked the physical disks. After you press OK what happens?

Sorry for late answer but after i pressed OK there was the note: "You need atleast 3762 GB size" or something very similiar. But i dont know if i need this size per disk or per array. Because before i updated NVR to the lastest firmware, i could make RAID array, with these 3TB hardrives that i have now in it, without a single problem.

Try Menu>HDD>Advanced and deselect the Enable RAID option. After system reboots do the same but re-enable RAID and let the system reboot again. Try create the RAID array after that.

It looks promising but i dont know if it compatible with czech region and wont brick the device in the worst case scenario. I have the device borrowed and i didnt buy it yet because i wanted to test it first. The NVR is on V4.1.61 and the version before, which is 60, didnt work either. Thanks for helping and if its safe, stable and not region blocked,i will try to update it.

EDIT to StewartM: I tried the option with re-enabling raid but that didnt work either.

We are running V4.1.65 on a demo NVR here without problems.
(RAID not configured)

1539866200187.png

Have you tried re-initialising each HDD and then try setup RAID? It's a long shot but I'm keen to hear your progress.

I tried re-initializing HDD individually and at once, nothing helped me. I didnt have time to update the device but i will test it soon as possible and write here my feedback.

Were you able to solve the problem with RAID? I have the same problem with new NVR Hikvision DS-9664NI-I8 (V4.21.005 build 190509), 4 pcs WD Purple 3.5 "HDD 3.0TB

@Dan Wasn't there a recent update that now needed all HDDs in RAID to be 4TB+?
[I have not actually re-read the thread]

Back