01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision Accusense not effective

UCCCTV

i have setup some Hik G2 Colourvu Cameras and firmware updated them to the latest version. I have set up line crossing and it works but it is flagging the clients cats every time they cross the line. I have it set to human. The whole point of Accusense is to eradicate false alarms from non humans crossing so it's annoying that this isn't working and causing me extra work. Does anyone know a way around this? i haven't touched the sensitivity as i usually don't need to with accusense but not sure I've had a client with pets since i started installing them.

Cameras are : Hikvision IP Acusense ColorVu 4MP 30m Turret Dome with Microphone 2.8mm - Black (DS-2CD2347G2-LU-2.8MM-BK) - 5.5.160 build 210416-2021-05-25

NVR is : Hikvision IP 8ch 4K 8MP NVR - 8 POE (DS-7608NI-K2/8P) V4.30.061 build 210313

Last edited:
Hi @UCCCTV

Do you have "target validity" set to "higher / highest" in the event settings? This refers to how strictly the camera uses the AcuSense algorithm.

1622193090909.png

Thanks for replying. Can i ask where you are seeing this setting? i don't recall ever seeing that. It's not on the web browser log in. sure i haven't seen it on the NVR either. is it on the camera web page login?

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Exactly, you will need to set these on the camera directly.

Unfortunately, the K-Series NVR you are using is not fully compatible with the AcuSense features. So, for them to work properly, you will need to set these up on the camera's direct web interface via their IP address, with the camera connected separately to your LAN and a Micro SD card installed.

i can access the cameras from the virtual host thing. why do i need it separate with an SD card?

what NVR is compatible.

Thanks Kyle

You can access the individual settings of each camera with Virtual Host and set AcuSense features, but these won't be passed over/accessible on the K-series NVR.

When logged in directly to the cameras you cannot access the recording on the NVR, so the only way to record with the AcuSense features when using a K-series NVR would be to also have a MicroSD card fitted to manage the AcuSense recodings.

If you want an NVR to manage the AcuSense features then you will need to upgrade to an I-series NVR - DS-7608NI-I2/8P

so accusense even if set directly on the cameras won't work for the client because of the NVR model?

if so great! wish the supplier had told me :(

Yes, all AcuSense features will only work when either running the cameras on their own with MicroSD cards or when connected to an I-series NVR.

You are not the first to be caught out by this, unfortunately, Hikvision did a very poor job of explaining this limitation when they first made the cameras available and so we only encountered the issue after our own customers reported it and we tested it for ourselves.

ah well live and learn! unfortunately he's the first person i've set up cctv with accusense that has pets so i've just assumed it's all working.

i'll have to swap it out and use his one next job.

thanks for your help really appreciate it.

just an update i spoke to my supplier and he said as far as he knew they were and there was no limitations of accusense. i showed him the validity settings and he had no idea this was the case so Hik like you say haven't done a good job here. i am still waiting for an official answer from them i will let you know.

Reactions: Dan
Another quick update chaps - spoke to Hik phone support today and they say the opposite to you. The i series has some deep learning capabilities but if you set up the line crossing on the cameras and not the NVR it does get passed back to the recorder. Also there is no 4 port i series so anyone with 1-4 cams which is a lot of what i do would be screwed. All i can do is try it out and report back but i know you chaps say you've already done it. The guy on support seemed pretty adamant it was all ok though

Last edited:
Yeah I have seen information regarding the K series not working properly with AcuSense but I've not experienced any issues myself. I've used the 7604 on three installations recently and AcuSense worked as intended. On the latest one the motion and line crossing were set up for human only and all was configured directly from the NVR (as opposed to the camera via web browser) and it worked correctly.

I think what won't work is trying to filter for Human/Vehicle only when using Smart Playback AND searching specific areas using the information sent from the camera (Dual VCA Enabled) - that overrides the filter and shows everything that moves. All configured events Basic and Smart work correctly - populating the normal playback timeline with event markers and allowing skipping of non related video during Smart Playback (without defining an area of interest)

Yeah I have seen information regarding the K series not working properly with AcuSense but I've not experienced any issues myself. I've used the 7604 on three installations recently and AcuSense worked as intended. On the latest one the motion and line crossing were set up for human only and all was configured directly from the NVR (as opposed to the camera via web browser) and it worked correctly.

I think what won't work is trying to filter for Human/Vehicle only when using Smart Playback AND searching specific areas using the information sent from the camera (Dual VCA Enabled) - that overrides the filter and shows everything that moves. All configured events Basic and Smart work correctly - populating the normal playback timeline with event markers and allowing skipping of non related video during Smart Playback (without defining an area of interest)

this worked for triggering but flagged every time the cats crossed it. did you see it working for non human triggers?

i went back today and defaulted the cameras and added line cross and the validity setting there to highest. i'll report back what happens. it's a good test here as they have 2 cats constantly around the property.

this worked for triggering but flagged every time the cats crossed it. did you see it working for non human triggers?

i went back today and defaulted the cameras and added line cross and the validity setting there to highest. i'll report back what happens. it's a good test here as they have 2 cats constantly around the property.
I only got human triggers on the installations I mentioned but to be fair there wasn't a lot of footage available at the time of handover/demo to the customer. I have seen plenty of non human triggers on the AcuSense cameras though - more from birds on the ground and hedgehogs than cats and that is on my own which run on an I series.

PS: Shirts on a washing line are also classified as human!

I only got human triggers on the installations I mentioned but to be fair there wasn't a lot of footage available at the time of handover/demo to the customer. I have seen plenty of non human triggers on the AcuSense cameras though - more from birds on the ground and hedgehogs than cats and that is on my own which run on an I series.

PS: Shirts on a washing line are also classified as human!

sounds like a waste of time ... :(

sounds like a waste of time ... :(
Not at alI, I still rate them and will replace most of my own cameras with them in time. The false triggers I've seen have all been from motion rather than line crossing.

I tend to use both motion detection and line crossing in my setup. For motion detection, after configuring the area of coverage, I'll set Human only and lower the sensitivity to 40 or even 20 with no actions configured (other than Trigger Channel). For line crossing I'll also set Human only, set the line, direction, min/max size, lower the sensitivity and set the validity but I'll have the Notify Surveillance Centre option set as well. With those options I'll only get notifications to the iPhone and Apple Watch from line crossing so very few (if any) false alerts. Smart Playback will highlight the events from both motion detection and line crossing and works well enough that I can leave Dual VCA disabled (apart from two cameras covering the rear of the house where I like to watch the foxes we get)

Interesting. Was looking at accusense as have not tried them previously and do have cats but want to capture them on some cameras. Problemes the rear cameras are always pointing at the washing lines and therefore I don't think accusense is going to do the job for me. I've also still got a k series nvr, so seems a lot to go through just to stop a few false alerts.

Interesting. Was looking at accusense as have not tried them previously and do have cats but want to capture them on some cameras. Problemes the rear cameras are always pointing at the washing lines and therefore I don't think accusense is going to do the job for me. I've also still got a k series nvr, so seems a lot to go through just to stop a few false alerts.
I’d disregard the washing line comment I made to some extent. I only noticed this happen a couple of times the other day for the first time and our rotary drier was moving around in front of the camera which is within 6 feet of it.

When I’ve next got an AcuSense in stock I’m going to bench test it with my old K series which is sat gathering dust in the garage to prove what will and won’t work.

from HikVision

"Yes, the Acusense should help reduce the false alarms but this does require the setup to be done correctly.

You need to set a min and max size or at least a min size to help filter out animals for fewer false alarms.

For the min size, use a person for reference at the furthest point of the camera and draw the min box around the person.

If you want to do the max size also, do a person at the closest point. This should help along with the human filtering to reduce the alarms."

from HikVision

"Yes, the Acusense should help reduce the false alarms but this does require the setup to be done correctly.

You need to set a min and max size or at least a min size to help filter out animals for fewer false alarms.

For the min size, use a person for reference at the furthest point of the camera and draw the min box around the person.

If you want to do the max size also, do a person at the closest point. This should help along with the human filtering to reduce the alarms."
Pretty much how I've always set them up after a little trial and error.

Also when you're setting up Line Crossing or Intrusion it's important to get someone stood in view when you're setting it up. The perceived point at which the line/box needs to be positioned can be deceiving, as you're viewing a 3 dimensional space on a 2 dimensional image. Depending on the cameras position you can often find when you review footage, that when you've drawn the intrusion box/line on the ground, only the persons feet are inside it/cross it with the rest of the body falling outside of the space resulting in no alarm.

Back