01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Acusense nvr and cameras?

anisj1m

Hi,

Since a couple of days, I am reading all over the net regarding the hikvision systems (I admit that I am really confused, alot of contradictor information) trying to understand which parts to buy:

So my question is the following : to get the benefit of the acusense technologies, which configuration I should adopt :

1) buy an acusense NVR (...NXI-I2...) + 4 non acusense cameras + 4 acusense cameras
2) buy a non acusense NVR (...NI-I2...) + 8 acusense cameras.

In my opinion and after my reading it looks like the acusense NVR have alot of issues : like old firmware, fan issue and email problem.
Please advice me and correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi @anisj1m

You're right. It is definitely best to use AcuSense cameras and use these with a non-AcuSense NVR. This feature works best when the human/vehicle classification is done by the cameras, rather than by the NVR.

The AcuSense NVRs are really intended for systems with old cameras that do not have AcuSense technology and cannot be replaced. These NVRs are also significantly more expensive (and as you say, more prone to issues) than using AcuSense cameras and a normal I-Series NVR (e.g. DS-7608NI-I2-8P) for a new system.

Yup. Option 2. The AcuSense function on the NVRs tends to be limited to a specific number of channels depending on the cameras resolution due to limitations in the NVRs processing capabilities. With the AcuSense cameras the processing and filtering is handled by each camera individually.

Thanks Kyle

One last question :
For the camera, which one do you suggest, known that I want it
1) acusense (of course :))
2) outdoor use
3) I read somewhere, that the resolution 4 MP is enough, so please advice if it is really enough.

No problem!

My recommendations would be:

4MP - DS-2CD2346G2-IU
8MP - DS-2CD2386G2-IU

This video explains why we recommend turrets where possible:

The 4MP vs 8MP question really depends on how high you are installing the camera and the size of space you are covering with it, as well as the focal length of the camera.

E.g. 4MP is normally sufficient when mounted a few metres high and covering a smaller garden space or entrances - a 2.8mm lens would pick out identifiable features up to 5-6m away. 8MP is advisable for use in larger areas and would pick out these features up to about 10m.

This guide gives an idea of the picture you will get with each resolution with a 4mm lens:

It is also worth playing with this camera calculator, as you can select each model and focal length, and see what type of picture you would get at various distances:

I am planning to mount the cameras vertically on the walls, and not on the ceiling, So I'm wondering if those camera can fit or I should opt for the bullet version.

Yes, they can be mounted vertically on walls too, the lens can be adjusted/rotated in any direction. Just make sure that you waterproof the pigtail lead in the back of the camera by using a junction box or running it through the wall directly behind:

Back