01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Analogue vs IP Event Features

bluekable

Hi All,

I have had a look around and can't find anything that answers my question so if anyone here know please do.

Are event features available on both Hikvision Analogue and IP cameras or only on the IP cameras.

If there are events on both please can some either share what events are available on Analogue and IP or point me to somewhere where I can find a list of the features available on each.

Specifically I am looking for Line Crossing Detection and Zone Entry/Exit.

Thanks so much for the help!
Bluekable

The best way to be sure the cameras come with the features you require is to look at the specifications or the datasheet for each product. Typically IP cameras have more functionality. Look under the Network>Alarm Trigger and Smart Feature sections.
The following is for a DS-2CD2025FHWD-I which can be found here: DS-2CD2025FHWD-I. Examples of analogue cameras can be found here: Analog Camera Turbo HD Camera HD720P Indoor Dome-List1-Hikvision

The best way to be sure the cameras come with the features you require is to look at the specifications or the datasheet for each product. Typically IP cameras have more functionality. Look under the Network>Alarm Trigger and Smart Feature sections.
The following is for a DS-2CD2025FHWD-I which can be found here: DS-2CD2025FHWD-I. Examples of analogue cameras can be found here: Analog Camera Turbo HD Camera HD720P Indoor Dome-List1-Hikvision

View attachment 2141
Thanks a lot Stewart,

Just to confirm then - you aren't aware of any simple list of what Hikvision cameras have what features? Does one have to check each camera to find one that had the features required?

Perhaps some context. We are trying to find out if we can find a more affordable solution for our requirements by using analogue cameras and a DVR instead of network and an NVR. The biggest drawback I have found is I can't find analogue equivalents of the DS-2CD2T45FWD-I8. Especially in terms of line crossing detection and zone entry/exit features as well as IR distance.

Any alternatives you are aware of or places where I can see what cameras have those features in a list?

Kind regards
Bluekable

Have a look through the attached documents on Hikvision's analogue Turbo HD 3 and 4 series. These offer a variety of event monitoring.

Attachments

• Hikvision Turbo HD 3.0.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 368
  • Turbo_hd_4.0_brochure_eu_nov_2017_hr.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 410
Hi All,

I have had a look around and can't find anything that answers my question so if anyone here know please do.

Are event features available on both Hikvision Analogue and IP cameras or only on the IP cameras.

If there are events on both please can some either share what events are available on Analogue and IP or point me to somewhere where I can find a list of the features available on each.

Specifically I am looking for Line Crossing Detection and Zone Entry/Exit.

Thanks so much for the help!
Bluekable
Hi,
generally you can use these VCA(Video Content Analytics) in Analog system too the main difference is in IP camera system any one of IP camera according to their datasheet has these feature so it could be use as a standalone. in example i have 1 IP camera DS-2CD2343G0-I which i install in my house with no nvr so for storage i use SD card and it directly connected to my router. currently i'm use motion and line-crossing on camera it self and it save videos on it's SD card and send alarm via email and app when its triggers. but in your analog system most of them cant use as a standalone system and VCA features like Line-cross, regional exit,.. need dvr actually DVR itself process the images that received from analog camera and trigger according to these features.
final word: most of VCA features which you see in IP camera it would be supported by most DVR from Turbo HD 4 or above so for comparison you should check DVR specification event!
but remember in high quality images there is some limitation in analog system and dvrs in example in IP base system for 4k camera you could have 8MP@20fps easily but in DVR turboHD 4 like DS-7204HUHI-K1 you could only get 8MP@8fps.(refer to DS-7200HUHI-k1 Datasheet)
also remember most of TurboHD 4 or above DVRs are actually hybrid recorder which means they could record videos from ip camera too so if you get on of them you could add some ip camera in future.
hope this could help you in choosing.

Back