01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision ANPR alarm output delay.

kaeser

Hello.

I bought a new HikVision Camera DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS/p 2.8-12mm.

ds-2cd2t22wd-i5.png

I bought a camera with the intention of raising the safety barrier when will recognize the licence plate. I install and mount everything.
The software recognize the plate. I add the plate on white list, output alarm is triggered but to slow.

Example: I drive by car to a distance of 8 meters from the camera (I know is exactly there, because the camera make a picture, which is saved to SD card), but alarm is triggered only a few meters (2 or 3 meters) in front of the barrier. And because is an old barrier it takes a while to rise (like 5 second) and you need to stop the car).

Why does not the camera send the alarm immediately, when recognize the licence plate?

In the configuration I noticed the alarm output delay (which is now set to minimum - 1second ) but this alarm delay is used for duration how long the alarm output is active. Is there anything else?

Zajeta slika.PNG

I made a sketch:
number1.png

So the question is, what to do, that alarm output is triggered immediately, when is recognized.

It is not an issue we have encountered before, the delay setting was the only one we were aware of for adjusting the reaction time. We did find this video in which they mention a 'Custom' and 'entrance/exit' settings for ANPR

The only issue is this is for the old 4A25 model and these options appear to be no longer available in the settings of the newer ANPR models according to the user manual - https://www.hikvision.com/uploadfile/image/10943_E4、6系列产品学习资料4系列车牌识别UserManualofDS2CD4A26FWD(IZHS)(LZS)‘P.pdf - p109

We don't know why these settings were removed in the newer models or if there is a new alternative to these settings, hopefully, someone with more experience of using the ANPR for barrier control may be able to offer some advice.

Hello. I tried some new settings but no luck for me. How to set the reading of the camera as soon as possible? So that the reading of the registration plates will be more sone, like in 10 or 11 meters not at 8 meters?

Can you please upload a screenshot of the scene you are working with?

Hello, Would you please explain some concepts? what is A <- 1 ? I have a Hikvision iDS-2CD7A26G0P-IZHS and I would like to connect to a barrier gate. Not sure where to start, do I need special cables?

Back