01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ANPR upload Video event

WebGuy

Hi
I have an Hikvision DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P - which has ANPR facilities. I have got it configured so when a number plate is identified it will upload a picture of the vehicle to an FTP server - this has been working great. However I would like to get it to also upload a short video 5 secs before and after the picture is taken and upload it via FTP. Is hsi possible, I have had a look at the events in the web console but nothing jumps out at tme on how to do this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

If capturing a video as you describe from the camera is possible, you'll need a SD card installed. The NVR's have this feature but I've not tried it directly from a camera. I'm also curious if this is possible but I don't have access to any ANPR cameras presently. I'll call Hikvision technical support line tomorrow and ask. I'll get back to you soonest.

Hi, thanks for response - I do have an SD card in the camera. I do see some setting that specify record 5 secs or after event. But I don't see how these cod be Ftped..... I think it maybe via an event

Have you tried?:
1551817398376.png

1551817266769.png

Yes I tried that but I couldn't get it to FTP. I'm pretty new to this stuff so it may just be me... I'm a bit of a newbie..... really appreciate all your help

Hi, I was just wondering if you got any joy with HikVision on FTP'ing the video clip?

Many thanks in advance

I spoke with a technical support agent that wasn't able to give me an answer. I was given a reference number and told I'd be contacted by email. No reply yet. It's not the first time I haven't heard back from them. I'll chase it up this week.
Does the vehicle detection have an option to select like this under linkage method?
1552243768549.png

Thanks for the reply and follwing thsi up with HikVision. I have enabled these see below. Im not so familar with these setting as I managed to spam myself with images accidentally - I some how sent thousands of images to my FTP server. So I have been a reluctant to mess with them too much
2019-03-10_19h26_04.png

I spoke with Hikvision's technical support again and their answer was no, you can't ftp the video clip directly from the camera. They suggested using iVMS-4200 (or an NVR) to perform that action.

I'm still not 100% convinced it's not possible. I have a couple of ideas I'll try and get back to you.

I agree - it seems like an pretty obviouse feature. It has something called Smart Events - could this be it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi everyone,
I have been experimenting with the ANPR functions recently with the upload to FTP whilst writing a new web and app based ANPR system. The documentation isn’t clear on certain things, I agree. It seems as though as soon as you activate the ANPR function a lot of the other ‘smart’ functions do not work. It is’t very clear that you can’t use both at once but from my prior experience of ANPR and the processing power required to run the OCR on the images, I can see why the processor in the camera wouldn’t also be powerful enough to run a range of the smart functions.
I’m not saying that uploading a video via FTP is particularly processor heavy, it’s just that the trigger for the video and upload of the video is separate to the ANPR and therefore a smart event which won’t run simultaneously.
I hope I explained this clearly.
Best wishes,
Martyn.

Hi Marty, yes that’s a great explanation - its just a shame its not possible. It seems like a no brainer type functionality. The camera has a SD card it could write to - it could record to the SD card - when it finds an event it clips the 5 secs before and after and then FTP's the video file. I’m hoping somebody will come up with a solution. Maybe in the next firmware..... or is that wishful thinking

A thought I had as a workaround is to install a second camera that can be triggered to record and upload to FTP from an external input. The ANPR camera has a relay trigger than can be triggered when detecting a known vehicle, maybe this trigger connected to an input on a second camera could trigger the recording and ftp upload?
The second camera wouldn’t need to be an ANPR camera, something much cheaper would suffice, as long as it has the external triggering. A second camera might give a better overview as the ANPR camera works best zoomed in.
I know this isn’t the best option or even the cheapest but thinking it through logically, it should work.
Hope this has been helpful, sorry if not.
Would be interested to hear if you find a solution.
Martyn.

Thanks for your thoughts on work around - i dont think I can afford another camera to do this. Its just a shame - I just hope HikVision are watching these threads - in hope they will offer such functionality one day

Back