01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision AX Pro alarm - question

cymruchris

IMG_7622.PNG

For each of my zones - there are two 'buttons' - one to set the system to armed if I'm at home, and one to set the system if I'm away. What's the difference in terms of what the system actually does between both options? I can't see anything that's configurable to perform a certain action different ways depending on whether you are home or away - has anyone figured out the difference?

Kyle

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @cymruchris

So, Hikvision refers to the options as "stay" and "away" arming.

The screenshot below is from the user manual (also attached if you need it), it looks like...

"Away Arming" - This waits for you to leave the property, and then arms all of your alarm devices, both indoor PIR detectors, and perimeter devices (e.g. magnetic contacts, perimeter, glass break, shock, and curtain detectors).

"Stay Arming" - If you're home, this option will only arm the perimeter devices, and leave the PIR detectors for detecting movement within the room off, so that you're alerted when somebody else enters the property.

1631701076786.png

Attachments

• AX-Pro User Manual 1.2 - Hikvision.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 4

cymruchris

Thanks - that explains it nicely and the manual is most certainly welcome - I’ll have a look through this evening to see if there’s anything additional I can learn. Thanks very much.