01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Browser Login - how do I find the browser log in details?

JLewis

This may be a silly question... but how do I find the browser log in details? I've tried both admin - 12345 and the log in details for my Hik Connect App, but neither are correct. I assumed it would be one or the other?! After previous issues with my cameras going offline on the app (resolved thanks to help in this forum), I wanted to be able to log in via the browser as a back up. It would also be good to be able to access the settings of the camera.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Solution
This may be a silly question... but how do I find the browser log in details? I've tried both admin - 12345 and the log in details for my Hik Connect App, but neither are correct. I assumed it would be one or the other?! After previous issues with my cameras going offline on the app (resolved thanks to help in this forum), I wanted to be able to log in via the browser as a back up. It would also be good to be able to access the settings of the camera.

Thanks
The username will be admin - the admin user cannot be removed. The password is whatever it was set to at the time of installation - it's unlikely to be the same as your Hik Connect account though. Unfortunately you can't "find it out"...

Thanks
The username will be admin - the admin user cannot be removed. The password is whatever it was set to at the time of installation - it's unlikely to be the same as your Hik Connect account though. Unfortunately you can't "find it out" anywhere (other than in the depths of your memory!) Unless you set up the security questions and e mail or exported the GUID file at the time of installation, you've no choice but to get the password reset. Unless you're an installer, you'll be unable to get a Hikvision supplier to do this for you (unless you purchased it from an authorised seller). Find a Hikvision installer in your area and they will be able to perform the reset with support from their authorised dealer.

Upvote 1
Solution
Another example of why everyone should prepare an email to themselves with all the important Hikvision information and save that email in a folder.

Upvote 0
The username will be admin - the admin user cannot be removed. The password is whatever it was set to at the time of installation - it's unlikely to be the same as your Hik Connect account though. Unfortunately you can't "find it out" anywhere (other than in the depths of your memory!) Unless you set up the security questions and e mail or exported the GUID file at the time of installation, you've no choice but to get the password reset. Unless you're an installer, you'll be unable to get a Hikvision supplier to do this for you (unless you purchased it from an authorised seller). Find a Hikvision installer in your area and they will be able to perform the reset with support from their authorised dealer.

I thought you could just do a manual reset in the camera itself by holding down the reset button for 30 secs and then turning it off while still holding the reset for another 30 secs. and then turning it on again holding down the reset for 30 sec. Is this not correct?

Upvote 0
I thought you could just do a manual reset in the camera itself by holding down the reset button for 30 secs and then turning it off while still holding the reset for another 30 secs. and then turning it on again holding down the reset for 30 sec. Is this not correct?
Yes depending on model. The older models (generally those without a micro SD card slot) do not have a reset button and can only be reset using the other procedure. It’s also preferable to accessing cameras at high level.

Upvote 0
Yes depending on model. The older models (generally those without a micro SD card slot) do not have a reset button and can only be reset using the other procedure. It’s also preferable to accessing cameras at high level.
Hmmm I have a DS-2CD2142FWDI-S. It has a reset button. I reset the camera as per instructions. When I looked at the onscreen image afterwards I could tell that it had been "reset" because it was labeled as 'camera 01' and some other image things were reset; But...
I have two Hikvision NVR's. One is mine and the other was given to me by my friend who just sold her house. She gave me two cameras and the NVR. My NVR has 4 existing cameras. I'd like to add the 2 that she gave me to my Hikvision system (it handles up to 8 cameras).
After the camera was reset I was still able to see it (view the image ) on her system (currently sitting on top of MY system). If the camera was truly reset how does it display an image on her system and not on my system? How would the camera know (or care) what system it was connected to since it was "reset"?

Upvote 0
Hmmm I have a DS-2CD2142FWDI-S. It has a reset button. I reset the camera as per instructions. When I looked at the onscreen image afterwards I could tell that it had been "reset" because it was labeled as 'camera 01' and some other image things were reset; But...
I have two Hikvision NVR's. One is mine and the other was given to me by my friend who just sold her house. She gave me two cameras and the NVR. My NVR has 4 existing cameras. I'd like to add the 2 that she gave me to my Hikvision system (it handles up to 8 cameras).
After the camera was reset I was still able to see it (view the image ) on her system (currently sitting on top of MY system). If the camera was truly reset how does it display an image on her system and not on my system? How would the camera know (or care) what system it was connected to since it was "reset"?
Once the camera is reset you need do (and should do) nothing but plug it in to an NVR port that is Plug and Play - that will activate the camera and assign it an IP address. Before plugging it in, if you’re not sure, you could go onto the NVR settings > Camera and double check that the channel is set to Plug and Play (on the appropriate channel click edit and check the pop up box says Plug and Play).

What you can’t do is reset it, plug it into one NVR, see it working, then expect to be able to unplug it and put it on your other NVR. That won’t work, as it’s activated, then assigned an IP address and admin password by the first device it’s connected to and so won’t work on the other. It must be unactivated when connected for plug and play to work. So likewise you can’t activate it manually with a web browser then plug it in - the NVR will just give a network abnormal or password error for that channel.

So to summarise. Reset the camera, check the NVR port where you want it is plug and play, plug the reset camera into that port and that’s it.

Upvote 0
Back