01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision camera DS-2CD2420F-IW making me really nervous

adas

Hey, bought Hikvision DS-2CD2420F-IW camera a week ago in order to monitor my daughter's sleep in her room. Still trying to fight with camera software :) Here are main issues which I face:

- iOs app hangs with a play sign in the middle of screen once in a while. When I click play it shows video again. But WHY does it do that? I mostly use the app to monitor things during whole night and I need to hear what's happening :)
- When I watch video with sound strange click happens after 1-2 minutes. Sometimes after 10mins. It's really annoying when it goes on during the night ;)
- Installed iVMS 4200 on my Mac. Everything worked ok. Restarted router. Now I can't add the camera anymore - it says that it's offline. But camera is online, iOs app works fine, IE on pc also show video. What's wrong with iVMS? Btw, same thing with offline camera happened on PC version.

Thanks for any answers! Hope you'll save my nerves ;)

I'd guess that when you restarted your router it changed the IP address of your camera.
You are probably using the Hik-Connect App?
The camera effectively 'phones home' to hik-connect and provides its updated details.

If you install and run the "Latest" version of SADP on your PC it will reveal the camera's current credentials:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

You should be able to enter the camera's IPv4 IP address in Internet Explorer on a PC or Safari on your Mac and view the camera.

For iVMS-4200 you'll need to go to Device Management, select your camera, select Modify, and edit the IP address.

1532496473372.png

NB - to fix your camera's IP address so that this does not happen again:
In SADP, select your camera (put a tick in the check box at the left end of the row), untick 'Enable DHCP' at the top of the fly-out at the right-hand side. You'll need to enter your camera's password and click 'Modify' to save this change.

1532496967686.png

DHCP = Dynamic Host Control Protocol - it is the setting that allows your router to set a device's IP address. Handy initially, when you perhaps don't know an available and valid IP address, but once established it's best to fix the IP address, otherwise your router will re-issue and change at will each time it is restarted.

Thanks, Phil. Did like you said - iVMS seems to work fine!

Any thoughts about my other issues?

Back