01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hikvision camera losing its main stream settings (after access via the Hik-Connect mobile App)

Thanks Alruf.
I switched off 265+ mode (now on pure 265) which allowed me to increase frequency of I-frame. The artefacts still appear but they are cleared much quicker. Luckily recorded footage seems to be ok (previously the recorded video was also corrupted with artefact / freezes / skipping so only time will tell how long it lasts).
But lets not pollute this thread with another problem as it may be difficult for other people to find right info for specific problem. Anyway, many thanks for suggestions!!

Same problem...Only I have this at two different sites, and I'm not using Hik-Connect. It's happening on DVRs that allow some additional IP cameras. One of them is maxed out with 8 TVI + 2 IP, and one of the IP cameras is fine, but the other one keeps dropping to 32kb/s - especially annoying because it's on a cash register.

I have another similar situation elsewhere with a 4 channel DVR that has the +1 IP camera capability. I've tried everything :(

I guess nobody has any updates?

Hello everyone,

Rompik's post gave me hope that this issue that has been bugging everyone, myself included, for at least a year was finally resolved.

Nope.

Updated Hik-Connect app on android.

Upgraded 2CD2135FWD-IS from stock 5.5.3 to -as of now- latest 5.5.82 (181211 build date). Was losing Main + Sub stream settings before. Now losing sub stream settings only.

Upgraded 2CV2Q21FD from stock (i think 5.4.4) to -as of now- latest 5.4.4 (170210 build date). Still losing Main + Sub stream settings.

I can confirm that IVMS 4500 app on android does not alter Main + Sub stream settings. But this app is the predecessor of Hik-Connect and lacks features. Also logs me out every 3-4 days and i have to add cameras again after every log-in.

1)Does anybody know if we can we use the IVMS4500 app to share a network camera? I haven't managed to do it. I can share devices through the Hik-Connect app, but it is still useless for remote monitoring due to the settings getting messed up when switching to the sub-stream.

2)One thing i noticed is:
When i add my network cameras on the Hik-Connect app by selecting the "+" symbol, and selecting "online device", then entering credentials , the devices are not added on the hik-connect account (https://www.hik-connect.com/devices). I can see them locally on the Hik-Connect mobile app though, and when i try to change image settings (named Clear, Fluent, Custom) the main and sub streams are unaffected.
I cannot access the cameras from 4G though, i get "Video playing failed. Error Code: 330007". I can only access them when on LAN.

However, when i add the cameras through the Hik-Connect account (https://www.hik-connect.com/devices) by entering each device's serial number, i can now access the devices from 4G via the Hik-Connect app, but the image settings are now named differently (HD, Standard, Basic), and now the main and sub streams are getting messed up with every switch between them.

These were my rather dissapointing findings. I would appreciate it if anybody knows a way to share a device through the substandard-but-working IVMS4500 app, as i have no hope for hikvision to fix this in their main app anytime soon. It is so easy to reproduce, affects a good variety of devices yet still remains unsolved after all this time.
Hi, the solution for the problem of error 330007 without looking away from home is to update the firmware, here is a link for the models HGHI or others models view links

God blessyou

att
Enrique Guillen
Soporte Total GUIMI SAC
Lima - Perú

Hi every one had the same problem with my hikvision nvr all 3 cameras (not hikvision) are plug in direct i notice it switching from main stream to sub after a short time.i couldnt put my finger on it hence what lead me here. After a couple of days going throught the system setting recording and every think els i notice one of my after market cameras recordings where patchy in parts this was a mini ptz. Long story short after removeing this from my system my othere two camera now stay on main stream one is a colour vue 5mp and the othere is a 2mp. Must of been a problem with in the softwhere of the othere camera. hope this helps also i notice the ptz mini dome would crash every now and then.

Hi,
Sorry for late answer. My settings are similar to yours, please see attached pictures. I set high resolution and max bit rate also high, according to picture named "Before.png". In this state the video from the camera is very good quality. Then, after checking live view or anything, after like 5 minutes or so the settings have been reset to 512 kbps and low resolution ans it looks like crap. Also frame rate has been set to 10 fps. I do not use NVR or iVMS app. I do use an EZVIZ app (H&L Cam) via Hik-Connect but did not change any settings in it during this test so it should not affect. I have my camera connected via LAN cable about 7-8 meters to my router, bandwidth should not be the problem. Is there any possibility to activate some debug or trace log in order to report to HikVision? Then it would be possible to understand why the software thinks the settings shall be reset.

//Björn

Hello everyone. I see this post from 2018 and the issue is still not resolved. I have about 20 Hikvision cameras, the same problem applies to the new DS-2CD2x86G2 (V5.6.820 build 220519) and the older DS-2CD2x85FWD (V5.6.6 build 210625). It is still enough to run HikConnect once using a low quality stream, it resets the camera's video settings (secondary stream) to 8fps and 128 kbp. Has anyone found a solution to the problem? Hikvision technical support redirects me to the distributor, and the distributor redirects me to Hikvision technical support. Sorry for my English.

Back