01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision camera not detected

svijayak

Hi,

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD1240-I IP camera connected to the same network as my PC, using an ethernet cable connected to the pigtail connector of the camera. (Ethernet seems to power the camera)

The red lights turn on for about 30 seconds after connecting the ethernet cable to the camera. However, the SADP Tool is not able to detect the camera.

ipconfig also doesn't show the IP address.

Did anyone face the same issue? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

To clarify, you are using an ethernet switch of some sort which your desktop PC and the camera patch into?

Does the switch power the camera via PoE?

ipconfig will show your PC's ip address, it won't tell you the camera one.

In order to find the IP address of the camera, you can either check whatever device does your DHCP (likely your wifi router if at home) or install an IP scanner on the PC and scan the range you are using to see what IP's are in use.

I have a dual ethernet wall socket, I have my PC connected to the first ethernet port and the camera to the second.

Yes, when I connect the ethernet cable to the camera I can see the red LEDs turn on, but I can't detect the camera in the Hikvision app

Are you in an office then as opposed to your home?

Who manages the cabling/network?

That wall socket will go back to a switch somewhere so you need to ensure both ports/sockets are part of the same Vlan on the switch end as I suspect the app will be using some sort of multicast/broadcast to do the camera discovery and this will only work if both devices are part of the same ip range space.

I am setting this up in an office.

I also verified that both sockets are on the same subnet.

Presumably someone manages your IT at the office then?

They should be able to either check the DHCP server to find the IP of the camera or use an IP scanner to find it. Although the app should find it, its not 100% so you need to get the office IT to work it out.

Thanks, I will try that as well.
The camera vendor mentions that this can be an issue with the camera since its turning off after some time.

I will try scanning the IP with the current camera, till the replacement is delivered.

Back