01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision camera offline

Boris

Hi Guys
I have issue with one of my DS-2CD2355FWD-I 5MP camera, at the beginning was working fine and when added 2nd camera to the NVR DS-7604NI-K1/4P, I have lost 1st camera and it is showing under camera management status offline, password incorrect when typing password, network abnormality ...

only IP address on NVR that is visible is my broadband router and NVR IP .
even on SDAP program I am getting only NVR IP address.
can you please help how to get it back working again-NVR firmware is up to date as no new update is found online when click " update "
2nd camera is working as a dream no issue !

I would appreciate some help if possible.

Thanks a lot

Are your cameras directly connected to your NVR?
(plugged into the back of the NVR)

What firmware version is your NVR running please?
(unfortunately, you cannot trust the self-check)

Hi Phil

Thanks for quick reply, yes both camera's are connected to the NVR by cat6 cable, as soon as I check firmware I will let you know, IR light is ON at nights on camera that is not working, I have tried factory reset NVR but no luck getting same results, 2nd camera working 1st one not. Am I doing something wrong in setup ...

Hi Phil

got firmware of NVR

Your firmware looks OK.
Can you attach a screenshot from the NVR's 'Camera Management' page please?

this is camera itself / if I change password then message appear " password error " those dots as a password are not my password

Your settings look reasonable.
Some sort of problem with the cameras connecting to the NVR e.g. their passwords.
I think I'd disconnect the cameras.
Reset the cameras.
Reset the NVR.
Start afresh.
Plug in one camera at a time.

With the cameras disconnected you can reset the NVR from Configuration -> Maintenance.
For the cameras, you'll need to connect each to your network with a separate POE/PSU source and use SADP to access and reset them.

Hi Phil,

got the issue sorted, thanks a lot, may I ask you for advice when setting up a resolution on the camera ( DS-2CD2355FWD-I 5MP camera ) ...

to achieve the best possible day & night image, what resolution/camera set up you advising ...

regards

Boris

Thanks,

will this will be the correct one as don't want on playback or live view to have small freezing ...

Your settings look fine, I would enable h.265+ by setting the last field to 'ON' (the camera will reboot).
The h.265+ CODEC is significantly more efficient, so will save bandwidth and storage space.

Back