01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIKVISION Camera won't power with POE

litetravel

Hi All, I hoping to find some help with my HIKVISION DS-2CD2725FWD-IZS camera.

It has been installed and running completly fine for the past year or so. It is powered by POE via a tp-link TL-POE150s injector. This connects over my LAN to a HIKVISION DS-7608NI-K2 NVR.

Around three weeks ago it just stopped working or so I thought. It appears as though it was trying to boot up and then restarting (IR LED's will light up and then 30 seconds or so later it makes a buzz and restarts). I've since removed the camera and tested every component on the bench....cables, injectors and pointed the problem to the camera itself. Visibly the camera looks as new, the LAN (POE) port on the camera looks new and there is no evidence of water ingress.

The camera will boot up and run fine with a direct 12v power source but will not boot over POE with any number of cables or POE sources i've tried. The camera is installed in a position which would make it quite difficult to run it with a 12v power source.

I'm at a loose end as to whether this is a solvable issues or not or what it could be. Can anyone shed any light?

Not sure what caused that issue but if everything else fails you can always:
1. Buy 12 adapter.
2. Buy a pair of RJ45+12v LAN splitters
3. Inject 12v to your LAN cable (rather than typical 48v POE) and then split it back to 12v input near your camera. There are several of these injectors / dividers on amazon.

For example these:

I also found something that transforms 48v POE to 12v output + data output (no need for additional PSU):

I have seen cameras stop accepting POE power i.e. seemingly that part of the circuit / electronics fails.
Most commonly though, POE seems more susceptible to a bad/failing connection in the network connector.
Usually due to water/weather ingress affecting the good condition of the connector's fine finger connectors:

Back