01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision cameras are DVR’s needs?

Perebrine

Hi, I have a couple of up cameras that I use to watch my Merlins (Small birds of prey) in their aviaries. I don’t have any sort of DVR as I don’t record anything, just watch live view so I just get their ip address, port number etc and can watch them via apps on my mobile, laptop or on my large tv through my Firestick.
Do any of the Hikvision cameras work this way or will I need some kind of DVR to connect them to?

All IP cameras are added to your network and should be accessible via their IP address.
There are of course limitations in what devices you can view them on.
A basic method would be to use the Internet Explorer browser on your PC.
Hikvision also provide free Apps for use with Android and Apple phones, and the Hik-Connect portal that allows you to roam and view your cameras from anywhere.

All IP cameras are added to your network and should be accessible via their IP address.
There are of course limitations in what devices you can view them on.
A basic method would be to use the Internet Explorer browser on your PC.
Hikvision also provide free Apps for use with Android and Apple phones, and the Hik-Connect portal that allows you to roam and view your cameras from anywhere.
Thanks for the reply, I recently bought a new camera “Floureon “ I think somehow it stops me obtaining the ip address , I’m not sure if it’s because they want me to pay for their cloud service?
my original cameras I just connected and I could find the IP address and all the info to access the camera, I then made the IP address static so it didn’t change every time it lost connection ( Well my son did for me. Lol)
This new camera doesn’t seem to allow me to do anything like this.

Unfortunately, it seems some new camera solutions are very 'App-based' - preventing you from doing the previously basic norms of IP cameras :(

Unfortunately, it seems some new camera solutions are very 'App-based' - preventing you from doing the previously basic norms of IP cameras :(
Thanks again, that’s why I was asking about the Hikvision cameras and if they needed a DVR to view?

No, you can access Hikvision cameras independently

Back