01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Hikvision cams and NVR problems with MAC

speed1268

Hi, Thanks for your patience as am new here.
A couple of things.
1. Since changing my isp and getting a new router I am now unable to see my cams on my iPad.
I am hoping this would be an easy fix but......!
2. Also during installation they had problems with Hik support and the iMac. I just want something that works well and it seems that Hik support for Mac is getting worse. Is it just better to get a cheap Windows for this purpose, It could also be useful in the future for Dirac/ ARC optimisation.

Thank you in advance.
speed

Hi @speed1268

1. Sometimes changing your ISP/Router can change your gateway/router address and this can change the IP range of your network. (e.g. your IP range may have been 192.168.1.xxx before the change of ISP and now it may be 192.168.3.xxx)

To check if your router/gateway address has changed you can follow these instructions for PC and Mac to check the current gateway address you are using. Once you know that you can check the IP addresses of your cameras/NVR using Hikvision's SADP Tool

2. Operating an IP system with a PC would be less problematic than using a Mac, we have mentioned it before to customers that most of the professional manufacturers like Hikvision have a hierarchy of which methods of access they should focus their research & development on. For Hikvision and most manufacturers it goes:

a) Direct monitor access
b) PC browser/VMS access
c) Mac browser/VMS access

This often means that when issues with Mac access for Hikvision arise they are more often than not very slow to build a permanent software fix to the problem.

Hi Dan, Thanks for the quick reply. I will have a look at the options.I can access the cameras via an old iVMS-4200 but I have always struggled copying recorded material, software issues!
Cheers Mark

Back