01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision cannot register with Hik-Connect over WiFi

bik015

Hello

I recently purchesed my first Hikvision DS-2CD2563G0. I can access the camare over local network - no issues using LAN cable and WiFi.
The camera is registered with Hik-Connect when connected using LAN cable. As soon as I disconnect LAN cable, the camera switches over to WiFi (WLAN) - the camera is accessable over local LAN, but cannot register to Hik-Connect. As soon as I plug LAN cable - it is registered again.
I have exactly same DNS configured for both LAN and WLAN.
Any ideas would be appreicated

Must it have different LAN IP addresses for wired & wireless?
I can't remember the setup.
I'm assuming it's an -IW/S camera?
Please upload a screenshot of the Config page(s)

thanks for your feedback. See attached.
Model: DS-2CD2563G0-IWS

Attachments

• Hikvision connectivity issue.pdf
    147.1 KB · Views: 749
When you disconnect the LAN cable from the camera to switch it to wireless, try cycling the power to the camera - so that it restarts with a wireless connection only.

When you disconnect the LAN cable from the camera to switch it to wireless, try cycling the power to the camera - so that it restarts with a wireless connection only.

Tried this - still offline and cannot connect to HIK-Connect.

What is also interesting - when I restart the camera with no LAN cable, I can still ping both .211 and .212

Odd that it shows different Mac addresses for wired/wireless.

Perhaps:
Use SADP to unbind it from your Hik-Connect account.
Make sure that you have the camera running via wireless.
Login at www.hik-connect.com and add the camera (by serial number).

I followed these steps - and could not add the camera via wireless by Login at www.hik-connect.com and add the camera (by serial number).
The only way I could register with hik-connect.com (by serial number) is by doing it when the camera connected with a cable (LAN)

Hi. I have almost the same issue: Hik-Connect Offline only on wifi

The only thing is that I managed to access it via WiFi outshite of the LAN by using port forwarding, but I still cannot access it through hik-connect and it shows Offline for this service.

Back