01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Cant enable Virtual Host on my hybrid DVR??

tannerdotq

model: iDS-7204HQHI-K1 / 2S(B)

current firmware: V4.24.001 build 191225

I cant seem to find the Virtual Host option anywhere, why is that?

Hi @tannerdotq

The model you have is a Hybrid Analog DVR, it does support IP cameras but does not have any PoE ports for directly connecting cameras.

You only need virtual host for accessing directly connected IP cameras to adjust camera-specific settings and as all the IP cameras you use with this particular NVR would be added over the local network you can just access each individual camera by entering the cameras IP address into a browser.

We don't work with any analog kit so I can't be specific on this but I would assume that if the DVR does not support a form of virtual host for the directly connected analog cameras then all the camera settings must be manageable from within the DVR menus.

Hi @tannerdotq

The model you have is a Hybrid Analog DVR, it does support IP cameras but does not have any PoE ports for directly connecting cameras.

You only need virtual host for accessing directly connected IP cameras to adjust camera-specific settings and as all the IP cameras you use with this particular NVR would be added over the local network you can just access each individual camera by entering the cameras IP address into a browser.

We don't work with any analog kit so I can't be specific on this but I would assume that if the DVR does not support a form of virtual host for the directly connected analog cameras then all the camera settings must be manageable from within the DVR menus.
I only have an 'Image' option.

What browser are you using to access the NVR?

Internet Explorer is still the most compatible browser and there can be some settings and menus which are missing when accessing from modern browsers like Chrome or Firefox.

What browser are you using to access the NVR?

Internet Explorer is still the most compatible browser and there can be some settings and menus which are missing when accessing from modern browsers like Chrome or Firefox.
I am using Chrome

I would recommend trying Internet Explorer, you should only need to use it to enable the virtual host function as the virtual host links should still be visible in Chrome once they are enabled.

I would recommend trying Internet Explorer, you should only need to use it to enable the virtual host function as the virtual host links should still be visible in Chrome once they are enabled.
Right okay I am on phone currently so I cant. Are there any android apps?

You can use the Hik-Connect or iVMS-4500 apps for mobile access but the virtual host setting and full camera settings will not be accessible from within the app.

Back