01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision cctv advice

Bazm

Hi all ,looking to purchase cctv for house ,priorities are something that can send text alert to mobile phone if someone comes up driveway
Only need front of house covered ,area looking at is garage ,porch driveway ,sitting room window ,my wife works from home three days a week office is above porch so she can't see if anyone is outside so either camera to cover porch and drive or video intercom bell,
Garage has lots if important stuff so definitely needs covering ,and around sitting room window area ,was thinking of a dome camera for garage as it's only 8ft up to soffit ,not sure for porch and again side wall at sitting room,on searching this is what I thought might work but definitely need some help,thinking for garage hikvision DS-2CD2146G2-ISU 4MP acusense fixed dome,this would cover distance from garage door to be level with porch approx 9ft,I could use line detection so would only alert if someone walked up to garage door.
For porch and driveway unsure on turret or dome or video camera bell ,distance to end of driveway is approx 26ft with street lighting across road,for wall at sitting room window was thinking turret camera
Either acusense or colorvu seems to be the way to go with nvr recorder but which cameras any advice greatly appreciated
The outside light and current doorbell won't be there.

Attachments

• IMG_0679.JPG
    IMG_0679.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0681.JPG
    IMG_0681.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0684.JPG
    IMG_0684.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0685.JPG
    IMG_0685.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 232
Hi @Bazm

Our suggestions for your setup would be one of the 2 following options:

2 x 2545FWD 4MP Mini Domes - one on the right-hand side of the porch, mounted at about head height. The second would be the same height on the right-hand side of the garage door. The Mini Domes are great for covering very small areas as they have shorter 10m IR which is great for when objects/faces come very close to the camera as the lower-powered IR doesn't whiteout/overexpose those close objects.

1 x 2545 and 1 x 2347G1-LU ColorVu Turret - Mini Dome in the same place on the porch but replace the other mini dome with a ColorVu turret which can be wall-mounted or soffit mounted, we would lean towards a ColorVu over an AcuSense simply because the AcuSense has a 30m IR which will be too much for your space and I can see from your photo you already have a motion floodlight above the garage which you can use to illuminate the scene for the ColorVu camera. See this forum post for some example images of the image you get from a ColorVu in a residential area.

If there is more light in the scene (e.g. streetlights, other floodlights, etc...) you could also replace the porch camera with a ColorVu turret as well.

For the NVR we would recommend either a DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) 4-channel NVR if you do not plan to exceed 4 cameras, but if you think you may add more than 4 cameras then we would recommend a DS-7608NI-I2/8P 8-channel NVR

Hi Dan,thanks for reply,so as regards streetlight one across road which gives good light towards driveway,would put more floodlights on house if necessary ,just wondering on these options,can these be set so for example,if someone walks up driveway before they reach door it can alert me or as my wife works from home and in room above porch if she was made aware of someone outside,wondering about a video doorbell with a monitor where she sits that would come on if anyone approaches before ringing bell,also garage ,what I would like is it set so won't alert me unless someone walks into that space just past porch,also can maybe give a audible warning,what about covering sitting room window with tree on front of it,and lastly recommendation for camera in garage that would have siren and warning.

Both the cameras I recommended can have smart events set (for your requirements we would probably suggest line crossing, intrusion detection, or region entrance detection) and if you have the Hik-Connect app installed on your phones you can have push notifications set up to be sent to the app to alert you to event triggers.

For your requirements we probably would not recommend a doorbell camera as these can be linked to an indoor monitor station but this indoor station will only display footage from the doorbell camera when someone actually presses the doorbell, if you want notifications of people that might just hang around then the cameras are still the better solution.

If you absolutely need audible warning then we would recommend a DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL 4MP AcuSense Turret which has a built-in speaker for audible warning when events are triggered, the only things to be wary of with using these cameras is that they do have 30m IR so may be too powerful for your small area and 2nd is that the accuracy of the event triggers is not always 100% and there can be false alerts for animals, shadows, rustling trees, etc... and so the audible warning may become annoying if it is triggered too frequently.

A 2.8mm lens camera on the porch should give you reasonable coverage of the tree and the area in front of the sitting room window (2545 is 109° field of view and the 2347G1 is the same) but if you want to cover right up to the window you will need to look at a 3rd camera mounted higher up (around 4m) on the furthest left-hand corner of the building and have it looking back across the front of the building towards the drive. Our recommended camera for this camera would be either the 2347G1 or as it will likely be in the shadow of the tree you may be better off with a 2345 IR LED Turret.

Thanks dan ,this is fantastic information,the inside of the garage then is the only other thing what would you recommend for that the garage and house is alarmed and garage door is electric,but in the unlikely event that someone manages to gain entry ,something with strobe and siren would be great,am thinking on the recorder going with the DS-7608NI-12 8P would give me more options if want to put cameras in house in the future,presume when ordering is it just cameras,recorder and cat5 I need or anything else,apologies as you can tell I know nothing about cctv,although will have someone to install,just need to make sure I have everything.thanks.

Apologies @Bazm

I forgot about the garage, if you need the audible alarm and strobe then the 2346G2-ISU camera mentioned above would probably be your best option.

If you plan to wire all the cameras directly to the NVRs PoE ports then the cameras, NVR, and cable are likely all you need but we would recommend Cat5e or Cat6 cable as Cat5 is quite an old standard now. If you have other network access points around the property (e.g. wall ports, network switches, etc...) then you can connect the cameras to these points using a PoE injector and then add the cameras to the NVR over the local network using their local network IP address(es).

With either of these options, you may also need to use junction boxes to mount the cameras. All of the cameras I have recommended above have a pigtail/fly lead off the back of the camera that has the RJ45 connection on the end and is roughly 30cm long, there isn't space to hide this excess cable behind the camera so if you cannot drill a hole directly behind the camera to pass the lead through you will instead need to use a compatible junction box to store excess cable and make the RJ45 connection weather-proof.

You will find the compatible junction boxes for each camera in the frequently bought together section on each camera page and/or at the bottom of each camera datasheet.

Thanks dan,if I have sufficient lighting would you go for the 2347G1-LU over the 2545FWD ,or do they offer the same capabilities,particularly the garage coverage would be the most important,also the nvr is the same as the one you recommend,hope so means I can order everything from you,thanks once again.

Attachments

• IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 238
Yes @Bazm

If there is enough lighting in the scene then the 2347G1 will be fine and yes the NVR is the same model I recommended. (you typed -12/8P but it is actually I2/8P as it is an I-series NVR)

Back