01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision cctv dvr keeps turning off

Jaso912

Hi got a hikvision DS-7604NI-SE_P dvr turning off it's self then back on some time it's comes back on but this morning it was 30 minus before it came back on I have done a firmware update any idea's thanks jason

That's a Network Video Recorder (NVR).

The latest firmware for your NVR is V3.0.22:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Check the log for clues:

1540276115185.png

The above screenshot is from a newer 7604-K NVR, but I think you should find similar in your NVR.

I'd guess at power supply problems, perhaps the PSU failing.
You mentioned in your first post that it took 30 mins to recover - do you ever catch it with all the power off, no LEDs.
You can probably purchase an after-market PSU replacement for about £20 or so.

Just caught it going off but led still on power and ready

Hmm, maybe if the PSU LED and box LEDs look OK there is an internal issue that is failing, and being logged as an abnormal shutdown?

I think you'd need to return it to your reseller/Hikvision to diagnose/resolve that.

How do you know when it is going off please?

Was there a coincident 'abnormal shutdown' logged at the time when you caught it?

It sounds like a power-related problem.

When it turns off the dvr beeps when it's booting up. The seller is a local firm but I don't get on with them as they ripped me off with it this is a second dvr off them cos the first one didn't work properly. It's fine now I will see how it goes that's why I thought I could be the hard drive when it get to the same place when over recording it will not record as there is some damage to it. I going away for a week so we be checking on it on my phone. Thanks for the reply if it still carries on will have to get someone in to look at it I have tryed uploading a picture but cannot up load it for you.

Last edited:
Your NVR may allow you to check the hard drive's condition:

1540714928463.png

BTW - there does seem to be some problem with uploading attachments to the forum - I've asked our devs to investigate. Meanwhile you should be able to just copy & paste images into the body of your post as above.

I've had a similar issue once with 'Abnormal Shutdown' and it was caused by the hard disk. If you don't come right with the suggestions above, try checking the drive with the free tools from Seagate (Seatools) or Western Digital (Data Lifeguard). Use the manufacturer specific HDD testing tool only.

Hi got a hikvision DS-7604NI-SE_P dvr turning off it's self then back on some time it's comes back on but this morning it was 30 minus before it came back on I have done a firmware update any idea's thanks jason

Hi.

I am a criminal solicitor based in Manchester. I am representing a client for an allegation of perverting the course of justice whereby the Prosecution allege she deliberately turned off her Hikivision CCTV system. This caused an 'abnormal shutdown'. She states that she didn't do this deliberately and we are trying to collect evidence of similar faults, as you describe here.

I wonder if you could contact me to discuss this so I could possibly take a statement from you.

This is me here:-

Toby Wilbraham - Olliers Solicitors | Law Firm

I wonder if you could email me or telephone me please.

tobywilbraham@olliers.com

Many Thanks

I've had a similar issue once with 'Abnormal Shutdown' and it was caused by the hard disk. If you don't come right with the suggestions above, try checking the drive with the free tools from Seagate (Seatools) or Western Digital (Data Lifeguard). Use the manufacturer specific HDD testing tool only.

See my post above. Please could you contact me as described.

Thanks

I'd guess at power supply problems, perhaps the PSU failing.
You mentioned in your first post that it took 30 mins to recover - do you ever catch it with all the power off, no LEDs.
You can probably purchase an after-market PSU replacement for about £20 or so.

Phil this is a bit unusual but I wonder if you could email my request to the above members to their email addresses. There is no way on this forum I can contact them directly.

Thanks

Hi Toby, would you provide some info on the model your client has, age of the system, how many cameras where connected. There are several events that may produce that error. Even then we could only speculate without physical access to the unit.

Hi Toby, would you provide some info on the model your client has, age of the system, how many cameras where connected. There are several events that may produce that error. Even then we could only speculate without physical access to the unit.

Its a Hikivision Digital Video recorder model DS-7208HUHI-K1.

I already have had an expert look at this and give a report. However I could do with evidence that other people have had similar issues with Hikivision products as it would help us considerably.

If discussing an active case on a public forum is a concern please start a conversation with me.
As you are probably aware, if you power the DVR off using the power switch during operation, it will log an Abnormal Shutdown. However, this may not be the reason the device logged this event. There are reports of HDD bad sectors, poor electrical wiring, power disruptions, earth leakage issues, the UPnP feature and bugs in the firmware also causing the Abnormal Shutdown event.

The DVR should retain log events for several months. Are there previous entries of Abnormal Shutdowns listed and with what frequency? If you could provide some feedback on this it would help going forward.

If discussing an active case on a public forum is a concern please start a conversation with me.
As you are probably aware, if you power the DVR off using the power switch during operation, it will log an Abnormal Shutdown. However, this may not be the reason the device logged this event. There are reports of HDD bad sectors, poor electrical wiring, power disruptions, earth leakage issues, the UPnP feature and bugs in the firmware also causing the Abnormal Shutdown event.

The DVR should retain log events for several months. Are there previous entries of Abnormal Shutdowns listed and with what frequency? If you could provide some feedback on this it would help going forward.

As I say I have had an expert look at the device and logs and there are possible explanations, in our case poor wiring could be an explanation.

However what I am trying to get some information / evidence about is possible explanations why an abnormal shutdown could have happened, rather than switching it off, as you describe above.

Could you contact me on any way you want to above so I can speak to you about this? I cant start a conversation with you on the forum, I suspect because I'm a new member.

Thanks

Back