01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision CCTV / Huawei B528 4G router / DDNS via No-IP? Help needed.

devs

Hi all could someone please help me I own a Huawei B528 and have some Hikvision CCTV cameras. I'm unable to view the cameras remotely via my phone. I've setup No-IP and been in touch with there support.

This is where I am up to with support at NO-IP.com:

So what we've done up to now is isolate the dynamic update on the network to one source, and we've confirmed the hostname is receiving the correct public IP address from the network. You'll need to contact the router manufacturer and confirm proper settings for reaching a remote connection without port forwarding. If you have any questions after receiving documentation/guidance from Huawei and the required configurations, just let me know. We can review the connection together.

Can anyone please help troubleshoot and resolve this issue?

Many thanks :)

@devs Is this a 4g router? If so you will need a SIM card with a public iP address. Most sims have a private IP addres.

Hi there David and many thanks for the reply. Appreciated!

Thats correct it is a 4G router and I'm using a 3mobile all you can eat SIM. i guess this has a private IP address?

Are there any work arounds so I can get the cameras working. I'm 99% sure that I had them working previously via no-ip. Is that service likely to help?

Thanks David.

@devs I don't know of any workaround for that. connect your 4g router to the Three network and see what IP address they assign to your device and put to in a google search if its in a non routable range it will not work for No IP or similar service.
I've used 4g routers as backup comms to rigs and they all had SIM cards with public IP addresses for the VPN connection. Google "SIM card with public IP" there's plenty of choice.

Have you considered the signal strength of the 3g / 4g connection you will use?

Hi David, I've just searched my IP in google but not really sure what I'm looking for with the returned results. I'm sure the issue is as you suggest and I'm just hoping there is some kind of workaround.

The reason I'm using a 4G router is that I live in an area with very poor wired connection and 3mobile offered an all you can eat tethered data deal for £20pm with unlimited data.

Its a great plan and is working well for me. Do you know of any comparable plans by chance or am I just having to loose me CCTV. :(

Thanks again!

@devs send me the first two parts of the 3mobile IP address.

maybe discuss with 3mobile. Is your wired connection basic ADSL?

Thats my sole connection for the property via a 4G antenna. It works well (other than that CCTV) and nothing else is available worth considering. I'm pretty confident that 3 will be of no assistance as they do no like there phone sims being used in routers.

Is it worth me shifting cameras to the likes of wyze cam or am I likely to encounter the same issue?

@devs have you tried enabling the Hik-connect service on the camera? I don't use it so I'd forgotten about it. Maybe someone who uses the service will comment.

Morning Dave, thats a great shout and I really thought that would have solved my issue but unfortunately the cameras are still only displaying whilst on the local network :(

Does anyone reading happen to know if the Hik-connect service can be set to work via a private IP address? Or anyway that I can access the cameras remotely?

Many thanks!

Also just a thought... if I were to purchase a new router that allowed port forwarding would that solve my issue or would I be no further on due to the private IP address? Thanks

Also just a thought... if I were to purchase a new router that allowed port forwarding would that solve my issue or would I be no further on due to the private IP address? Thanks

Hik-Connect must work at the application layer to bypass the need for a public IP, I've never used it as I have my own VPN server and use that to connect remotely. search the forum for Hik-Connect and look for the green tagged boxes.

Thanks Dave and yes that was my understanding also. I already had an account created when them so simply scanned the barcode and the account became live. However only locally. I'm guessing that some old setting are still floating around and causing issues. I'll have a hunt and might just reset the NVR and try again.

Thanks for the help mate, Steve.

@devs maybe an app layer dns resolution problem. try setting the nvr / camera dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (google dns).

I've just tried the following David, (it didn't resolve unfortunately) have I entered the information into the correct area within the NVR?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 10.44.33.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 10.44.33.png
    79 KB · Views: 452
I've just tried the following David, (it didn't resolve unfortunately) have I entered the information into the correct area within the NVR?

looks good to me, is your router set to google dns? maybe @Dan or @Phil could help?

did you setup the platform access (config> network> advanced)?

I wonder if your ipv6 address could be used?

Hi Dave, I just reset the NVR and setup Hik Connect again and its all working great! Really appreciate your help. Have a good weekend! ;)

Back