01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ColorVu camera motion detection tweaking (reactive draw area)?

greekgoddj

Hello everyone,

I have recently got my hands on a DS-2CD2347G1-LU camera and have been tweaking the motion detection. Should the draw area/grid be reactive, and showing when motion is detected? I am doing this on the web interface of the camera itself. I noticed on some videos online that setting this up via the NVR, get to see in real time when areas of the grid are picking up motion so that one can adjust the responsivness etc. As far as I can tell, the NVR's interface is just a webpage.

Thanks

You will never be satisfied with motion detection. It's horrible. Use only line detection and intrusion detection.

@greekgoddj on the web GUI local menu enable rules.

in most situations motion detection is useless, use intrusion detection or line crossing.

Hi, I found the "enable rules" toggle.. and wow you both weren't kidding.. I can now see just why I can't find a good setting for senvitivity..every grass blowing in the wind is being picked up. I will play with detection and intrusion next. Thanks to you both

@greekgoddj I mainly use intrusion detection, it is vastly superior to motion detect. you will still get false alarms but significantly less. when setting up intrusion detection test it at different times of the day and weather conditions.

Back