01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ColorVu turret camera low illumination settings?

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
G2 4mp colorvu turret camera.

I put the low illumination setting on yesterday to capture the low light at the side of the house at night. Wow what a difference. The problem is that i think it stays on that setting even in day light? The picture in the day is a bit jerky and pale compared to yesterday when motion is smooth and the colour richer.. Is there a way to set low illumination to change at a given time? or is it a manual setting change back to normal only. Low illumination i presume is a low shutter speed (1/16 in stead of 1/150) setting to capture more light jerking the image as a result. The night picture was made better though.

Hi @Vauxfan

Under the Image menu, you should see a sub-menu labelled "Image Parameters Switch" which has a schedule for you to set which scene mode is active at a certain time.

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 14.55.58.png

Great thank you. I will look into that later

On another note ( I know there's been a few lately lol) are the mini dome cameras black and white at night. Do they not offer color at night. I just wanted 1 for my porch. Small and discrete

Waiting for one of those with 4mm myself.
But remember the Colorvu do not have IR , you need ambient light at night. Yes, they have white light, but hik can't make up their mind whether to allow light to come for alarms. And not everyone wants the light on all day and night.

Waiting for one of those with 4mm myself.
But remember the Colorvu do not have IR , you need ambient light at night. Yes, they have white light, but hik can't make up their mind whether to allow light to come for alarms. And not everyone wants the light on all day and night.
The light when set to auto comes on when needed. It may be on all night if there's insufficient light for your settings but it'll turn itself off during the day.

True. But not everyone wants it constantly on at night, but when linking the light to event , then it also lights up for events during the day.
Edit. Sorry that was observation with G3 cam. We are talking G5 cam here and I don't actually know whether they show same behavior.. so curious to know, if anyone can advise.

True. But not everyone wants it constantly on at night, but when linking the light to event , then it also lights up for events during the day.
Edit. Sorry that was observation with G3 cam. We are talking G5 cam here and I don't actually know whether they show same behavior.. so curious to know, if anyone can advise.
Yeah that right - with the late version of 5.5.160 on a G3, it triggered during the day on event. On G5 it was only available on 5.5.114 and I never tried it before updating to 5.5.801 and beyond, so I'm not sure but would imagine it would work the same.

Back