01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikvision continuous recording to cloud storage without hdd in nvr

Bhalla

Greetings Everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to the ip cameras. I have a HIkvision DS 760NI-I2/8p NVR. I am wondering if it is possible to remove hdd from the NVR and record the video continuously on the cloud server. I do not wish to make a recording on any physical storage device near to the NVR. if possible, what sort of equipment i will need and how to configure them. I have a home server laying around but I have no clue on how to setup that. Thanks

Hi @Bhalla

The simple answer to your question is that there is no way to continuously cloud record from a Hikvision NVR.

Cloud recording is still very limited in the CCTV sector because IP cameras when continuously recording use a very large amount of data and require a large amount of storage, both factors which make cloud storage impractical and expensive.

The Hikvision I-series NVRs do support Network HDD (see p91 of the user manual for how to do this) but I think this may be limited to NAS or network servers on the same network as the NVR. (it may be possible to connect remote servers if they have been port forwarded or if they are accessible via a VPN)

You will see mention of Cloud Storage in the user manual but this only supports sending event recordings to a cloud server and also still requires that the footage is recorded locally.

Back